Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Please recommend your bottle, EFF

I wont be BF at all so I won't need those expensive boobie looking bottles. Thanks,

Re: Please recommend your bottle, EFF

• We like Avent classic the best, he also takes Playtex VentAire wide neck and the wide neck Dr. Brown's. Those are all we've tried, and idk what kind his birthmom gave him before we adopted (almost 4 weeks ago).
  • Avent natural here as well. Been using them since he was about 3 months old. No issues and easy to clean.
  • Loading the player...
  • Dr. Browns 100%.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Our main bottles are Playtex Ventaire, wide and narrow, although he'll pretty much take any bottle. We've tried Dr. Brown's, a Avent, and a Medela as well. 

• I like the narrow Platex Ventaire. They fit into diaper bags easily and I like the angled neck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am also a fan of Dr Brown's, they work really well for us.

• Avent classic, and when I am going somewhere I just use a first essentials cheapy bottle. My older one used the nuk orthodontic bottles. He also tried the playtex drop ins but it was a PITA to get all of the air out of the bag IMO.
    imageimage
  • tricia560 said:
    I got lucky and buddy likes the dirt cheap Gerber Essentials bottles with latex nipples; bonus I can get them at my local grocery store (small town, so shopping options suck).  They're about $1.50 or less each.

I have 2 dozen now, because we go through 6 per day and it's nice to have a few days worth.

Highly recommend the dr brown mixing pitcher, if you haven't thought about that yet.  Makes it easy to mix a big batch to send to daycare or just prep for your day.  And a cheap kitchen scale that does grams and has a tare function, because you can weigh out the formula faster than using the cheap little scoops.
    This is us exactly.  Use the cheap Gerber Essentials bottles and premix with the Dr. Brown pitcher to avoid extra air bubbles.  

DS has reflux and we use the Enfamil AR thickened formula so premixing is a must.  
    My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• We like Dr Browns but mostly stick with the Playtex Ventaire. I like them because the neck is angled. I highly recommend NOT buying bottles from walmart though. I bought some from there and some from target. I could tell a huge difference!  I will also say that we initially bought the standard size (nipple) bottles but we quickly learned that it was difficult to find the different flows so we had to buy online.  The wide nipple/bottle seem to more in stock.
    Good Luck :)
  • Avent Classic

• I think I have tried every single bottle on the market, lucky for me my baby is easy going with bottles and will take any one of them. I seemed to find something wrong with every bottle, either they leaked excessively (dr. browns), the nipples were far too big (avent), the nipples collapsed (nuk), they take FOREVER to warm up in a cup of hot water (mam), and the lids are practically impossible to get off (mam). Those are just the problems I can think of off the top of my head. I finally am completely happy with Playtex Ventaires. I was a little upset after purchasing a bunch of the standard size to find out that they were being discontinued and only the wide size are remaining, and that for some strange reason medium sized nipples are not sold in Canada, but whatever, I am happy with these bottles. 
  • Playtex dropins! We went through a couple different kinds for our little one but these bottles were the best. And very convenient for travel. They heat up so quickly it a cup of hot water (1 minute), and while travelling I can just bring one bottle and just a few liners. So much easier than bringing numerous bottles on the go. Helped my LO gas a lot as well. Alot less sterlizing and washing as well. Only have to do the nipples as oppose to normally doing all the bottles as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"