Toddlers: 24 Months+

XP: am i being crazy? calm me down, please!

so i'm a pretty high-anxiety, paranoid person, which makes being a ftm mom more difficult than it needs to be sometimes.  here is my latest freak out:  so we keep our twins' clothes in those plastic bins instead of a drawer because it's just easier in our house that way.  i got a sudden fear that there might be toxins leaching into their clothes, which then would get onto their skin.  obviously i'll be moving their clothes into a drawer, but am i being crazy here?  please tell me that i am.  thanks for reading.

Re: XP: am i being crazy? calm me down, please!

• Certifiably! ;) what kinds of toxins are you worried about? I mean isnt everything made out of plastic these days?
    Me: 33 DH: 35
    Married: October 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Certifiably! ;) what kinds of toxins are you worried about? I mean isnt everything made out of plastic these days?
    lol, that's what my husband says almost everyday!
    i guess i was just thinking about bpa and such and how some plastic chemicals/toxins leach into food...but when i asked my friend about this she said "are you microwaving your babies' clothes in these bins?!"
    no. no i'm not.
  • Loading the player...
  • There's nothing to worry about. If plastic wasn't safe to touch (which is what your clothes are doing to the plastic) the world would be in pretty big trouble.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Plastic isn't safe to ingest.  But you can touch it and so can your clothes! 
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • Yes, you're overthinking it :)
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Look at this way...it's not any different than the stain and varnish fumes or the chemicals used to make the wood composite in a regular dresser either. ;)

Plastic is fine really.

• thanks so much for the affirmation...this is something i'd much rather be called crazy for than to have it be a legitimate concern, know what i mean?
    i know a lot of my irrational concerns are just that...totally irrational and, really, in the bigger scheme of things, things people roll their eyes that (believe me, my friends and family do...all. the. time.).  i know where it comes from and i am working on not letting things like this get in the way of enjoying my miracle babies.  thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"