Babies on the Brain

Oh, DH.

I am home for one day in between business trips right now. DH was all proud of himself because he had the apartment cleaned, and the carpets shampooed. I was looking forward to coming home to a spotless place and getting some rest. I walked in the door to see a gorgeous living room and kitchen! Then, I walked in our bedroom to see he had simply relocated all the clutter to my side of the room. Oh DH, you try so hard, but man-logic prevents you from doing anything in a way that makes sense. There were two laundry hampers piled with clothes, which is fine because I told him I would have to do laundry all day tomorrow to wash my stuff from the first trip. The problem is that it was seemingly impossible for him to close the full laundry bags and start a new one.

I do appreciate all him hard work on this, and obviously will not tell him that the bedroom looks like a bomb went off, but I can't help but shake my head. Silly men and their logic.

Anyway what did I miss on here? Anything good?

Re: Oh, DH.

• Lol! He tried. My H does that kind of stuff too. You can't do anything but kind of laugh and shake your head. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I'm your DH. Sorry for the mess!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Haha. Thought that counts this time, I guess. The roles are reversed in this household! My husband is neat and I've taken to calling myself "abstract" because "messy" was getting old. I'll shuffle stuff around moving it from one place to another and he's like, "really?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. - Morticia Adams
  • Oh gosh. Dh does stuff kind of like that, and all I can do is give him a hug. Haha.

He claims he is the neat one, but he is only neat when it comes to his closet the rest of the house he is oblivious to simple cleaning. Like take that laundry basket you had to hurdle upstairs with you DH!
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Hahah I gave him a hug and told him it looks amazing. Then I climbed over the pile of stuff at my bedside and went to bed. I'm not clean and tidy by any means, but when I do clean, I get things put away when they belong. He simply relocated things lol. It's very nice to come home to a clean house though!
  • Lilki said:
    I'm a little messy too, but at least I know how to clean a cat box. DH's method is to simply cover the pee and poop with more litter and scoot it off to one side. Seriously, I don't think the cats are fooled..

I told DH he has to do cat boxes this week, since I will be gone again. I always do them. I do not think there has been a single time that he has done them since we have lived together. I'm sure I will come home to some creative method of changing the boxes.
  • MH is a pile mover too, he tries but he and I will never agree on a standard level of clean.

He grew up in filthy conditions so our house always seems good by comparison. It's not worth pointing out anymore. I just praise the work he does and appreciate that he does it for me.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"