Babies: 3 - 6 Months

working and breastfeeding?

I am just TTC but was wondering if anyone thinks it is realistic to try and stay home for maybe 2 months and then breast feed/pump while working for at least 6 months?

Re: working and breastfeeding?

• I did it with my DS until he was a year. I have been back a month with my DD with no issues so far. She still loves nursing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes!!  I'm doing it.  

I stayed home for 9 weeks.  Then back to work full time, very busy / demanding job.  I have made pumping a priority and he's doing great at 4.5 months.  95%ile for height and weight.  

Be sure to introduce the bottle around 1 month or so to get LO used to it.  

GL!
    TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Yes! I stayed home for 10w and then returned to work. I introduced one bottle a day starting around 8w so LO would get used to it for when she went to daycare. I had told my employer before I went on maternity leave that I planned to EBF so they were prepared for the time and place I will need daily to pump. Good luck! I would recommend starting with small goals to work towards so you don't get frustrated. My first goal was 3m, then 6m. Once I reach 6m I am going to look more long term. Overall 1yr is my goal but having the smaller "checkpoints" make me feel like I am accomplishing my goal.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Yes! In my experience (I'm on baby number 2), planning during your pregnancy will make it more doable. My advice? Read up on the trials and tribulations of breastfeeding to calibrate your expectations. Think about when and where you will pump during your workday (and talk to your boss about this, especially if you don't have your own office. Choose and purchase your supplies in advance, too. Then, once the baby comes, get a pumping lesson from a lactation consultant or an experienced friend well in advance of your return to work. You can do it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"