Pregnant after 35
Options

How long did it take for you to get pregnant?

I'm 35 ( 36 in march) and thinking of trying for baby #2.  We were very lucky and got pregnant the first month with baby #1 when I was 34. I know everyone's experience is different, I'm just curious for those of you that didn't have to take anything additional- how long it took for you to get pregnant? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How long did it take for you to get pregnant?

• Options
    2redtulips2redtulips member
    edited February 2014
    There's another current thread with several answers to this question: 
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12267188/time-conceiving

Wishing you luck!

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    First try at 36 (37in may).
    yes, my baby is a zombie.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Neighbor: 1st try w #1. 6 months with #2 1st try with #3. She was 32, 35 and 38.
  • Options
    I am 38 and pregnant with my first
    It took us 8 months
    Good luck!!!
  • Options
    first tri,  first time back in Dec 2012 ( I was 38)
    MMC  Feb 2013 at 11 1/2 weeks  ( I was 39)
    DNC  had to wait 2 cycles 
    TTC again finally 10/2013 positive. We just had a Dr appt a few weeks before finding out we were pregnant to see what our options were since Dr told us if we were not pregnant in 6 months to come back.  ( since I am AMA)

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    The first pregnancy, I was 36 and got pregnant on the second cycle.  This one ended in a mc. 
    Then I got pregnant at 37 a few months later on the third cycle, but that was a very early loss.
    This time, it was our second try, right after the early loss....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I almost feel guilty replying, but after lots of months of wondering if we should have another, we left it up to chance exactly once and I got pregnant. I'm 39, will be 40 when I'm due. It's still really early (6 wks). Same with my son who we had 9 years ago...one slip and I was pregnant!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Got pregnant second month for #1 at 35. This time it took 3 cycles at 38.

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    For #1 it took 3 cycles; I was 37.

For this one it took 8 cycles; I just turned 40.
  • Options
    At 28, it took about 6 weeks (from the date I stopped taking the Pill to conception, I never had a period). At 33, it took 3 months. At 36, it took about 9 months.
  • Options

I'm 35, will be 36 in June.  Got pregnant last October after trying for 2 months, miscarried in November and got a BFP February 4th after 2 cycles....

• Options
    MrsDLMrsDL member
    2nd cycle with DS at 35 (had him at 36). 1st cycle with #2 (age 38) but it unfortunately ended in missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. We had a one month wait following the m/c once my cycle came back and got pregnant on the 2nd cycle trying. I'll be 39 in a few days.  

• Options
    Had my IUD (Mirena) removed in June, so we had 1 month of "fun" sex.

Got pregnant in November, so 5 months.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options
    Took 4 years. I am 35. Unexplained infertility. Ended up getting pregnant naturally. Finally! So happy it has happened.
  • Options
    #1 - about a year, PG after HSG
    This one - we weren't even trying (but obviously were weren't avoiding either). I honestly can't believe it happened and I'm glad because TTCing was not enjoyable at all.
  • Options
    For our daughter it took 5 cycles. The last 3 were intense with charting, OPKs, all kinds of supplements....

This time? First cycle. Nothing fancy. I'm in shock. I was 31 last time! This time? 38. I exercise daily now. Eat clean. Avoid BPA like the plague. Use mostly natural products.... I think all that helped my cause this time? Or maybe I was just plain lucky.

A friend was the opposite though. 32 with her first. Pregnant on cycle one. Took her 18 months for her second at 37. It's so weird!!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    I count myself very blessed to have conceived the first time (at age 36) on our first month of trying. And now at almost 39 we conceived during our second month of trying. Since I was breastfeeding my first and knew I would be TTC soon after I continued the prenatal vitamins.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    10 months. I'm 36 and will deliver when I'm 36.
  • Options
    Oh and btw. It's my first pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"