Toddlers: 24 Months+

22 months old- refusing to sleep- help!

Helppppppp! I'm reposting this here too- since she's almost 2 years old- maybe somebody here can help me DD is 22 months old- will be 2 in April - she has been a great sleeper up until this week Normal day for her - wake up at 7am - naps at 1:30 for 1-2 hours depending if she's home or at daycare and then bedtime at 8pm We have a whole bedtime routine- turn on sound machine on ocean, put on stars light, change in to pj's and sleep sack- sit in rocking chair with a bottle- when she's done with the bottle she goes in her crib awake and soothes herself to sleep w a binky and her doll SO ALL OF A SUDDEN- she is refusing to sleep- no nap, and no bedtime- she says "no night night" and then she will just stand and scream bloody murder in her crib Please help me- any suggestions on what to do?? We gave her a new special night light - don't know if it's fear?????? It's nothing physical cause she is fine during the day and when she is screaming in her crib if I go to her she stops crying immediately and she will (of course) sleep in bed with us, which I don't want a habit of- We tried a form of cry it out- but she just keeps screaming- she actually was falling asleep standing up in her crib last night- she refuses to lay down Anybody else in the same boat- what are u doing?

Re: 22 months old- refusing to sleep- help!

• Ds is older but has recently started up with similar issues. We let him cry it out, which has always worked for us. Recently, it was really bad and now that he is very verbal (almost 3) we could t just ignore him completely, because he lays it on very thick. What works for us it to tell him we'll check on him, and we stay in and rub his back for a minute before we leave.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we are totally in the same boat.  our b/g twins have been refusing going to bed at night and will scream and cry...i'm guessing it's those dreaded 2 year molars?  anyway, we just rock them to sleep.  :/
  • Loading the player...
  • She's not acting like she's teething- but maybe it is the molars- I tired rocking her to sleep- she'll fall asleep and then as soon as you get up to put her in the crib, she wakes up and grabs on to you screaming!!!! It's heart breaking
  • totally us.  i'm not even sure it's teething...i'm just guessing b/c i don't know what else it could be and they're at that age.  they're both acting like this and it's totally heartbreaking which is why we rock them/hold them to sleep.  last night they only wanted mommy so i held both in the rocking chair.
  • Don't know if this will help much, but I know when we bought my daughter a night light she all of a sudden had sleeping issues for a week or two, and now they've gone. She was waking up at night and telling us "don't be scared mommy", really what she meant is she was scared of her night light. I kept on using it and just explained to her its not scary its just mommy/your shadow etc. and she's fine now! Maybe it's the night light tho!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have you had her ears checked? That would be a good guess along with the full moon that we just had!  I'm not a crying out person because of the increase in levels or cortisone (that's why they fall asleep) so I would recommend restarting the routine and add some cuddle time! She will not be this young for long. Enjoy it while it lasts. I nursed my daughter asleep until 17 months and she can fall asleep on her own. All that talk about enabling your children to fall asleep is bullshit if you ask me. All they have for comfort in life is you.
    Me: 33 DH: 35
    Married: October 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"