Late Term and Child Loss

GTKY

If you could choose your own name, what would you pick?

If you could choose your SO's name, what would you pick?

What kind of names are you drawn too: traditional, trendy, etc.?

How popular was your name the year you were born?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: GTKY

• Ticker warning

If you could choose your own name, what would you pick?  Hmm, I can't imagine another name.  I never cared for it when I was little but now I don't mind it at all.

If you could choose your SO's name, what would you pick?  His name is Ryan, I love his name so I wouldn't chose anything else.  I have always liked that name, and I like that it's normal but I've never known a ton of them.

What kind of names are you drawn too: traditional, trendy, etc.?  I like classic, traditional names.  One that will never go out of style, but aren't weird or unknown.

How popular was your name the year you were born? My name is Amy and I was born in 1979.  I think it was fairly popular but not like Jennifer which was HUGE when I was born.  I never had another Amy in my class until jr. high, but I think there were at least a few in higher grades so maybe it peaked in popularity a few years before.  My mom always got asked if I was named after the presidents daughter, Amy Carter. 

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

•  
    If you could choose your own name, what would you pick? I like my name =)
    If you could choose your SO's name, what would you pick? I can't imagine his name being different..his name is really old fashioned and rare these days, I like it.
    What kind of names are you drawn too: traditional, trendy, etc.? I like traditional old names that are not used a lot today...if something is super popular it really turns me off.
    How popular was your name the year you were born? (lauren) I didn't meet a lot of Lauren's until I got to college- once I got to college there were about 4 Lauren's on my hall in the dorm and 12 in my sorority.  It was crazy.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Loading the player...
  • schulme2schulme2 member
    edited February 2014
    If you could choose your own name, what would you pick? I actually really like my name! I'd keep it!

His name is Kevin and I don't know... I can't picture him as anything else. I like it!

What kind of names are you drawn too: traditional, trendy, etc.? I like old names that aren't super common today. I told everyone "I don't want them to be one of six with the same name growing up". That's why I picked Walter and Mary for my twins.

How popular was your name the year you were born? I didn't have any other Elizabeths in elementary school with me but I'd say a good 8 of us in my graduating class of 550.
  • ***SIGGY***

If you could choose your own name, what would you pick? I love my name [Ebonie]. I wouldn't change it at all.

If you could choose your SO's name, what would you pick? His name fits him, I think, so I wouldn't change it. :)

What kind of names are you drawn too: traditional, trendy, etc.? A little of both. DS is named after his daddy [Joseph], which is a little more of a classic name. But Devon and Mia seem to be more on the trendy side - especially Mia, which is way more popular than I thought. I do love the classic names, though. And classic spellings. People who go out of their way to spell their kids' names all crazy make me twitchy.

How popular was your name the year you were born? My name was sorta kinda popular - Ebony and Ivory came out four years before I was born, so Ebony was on the map. But I don't think it was super popular. The way my parents spelled my name is definitely unique; I don't know many Ebonies who spell their name like mine.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you could choose your own name, what would you pick?
    I like my name. I'm named after my dad and I don't know any other Stephanie's who spell their name like mine - Stefany.

I like his name.

What kind of names are you drawn too: traditional, trendy, etc.?
    I'm drawn to more trendy names - not super trendy, but definitely not very traditional.

Not too popular - and my name is spelled unique, so I never had to worry about that! Although I was never able to get anything with my name on it because it was always spelled wrong, which was annoying.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
    I like my name...Rachel not Rachael lol it never gets spelled right..
    I wouldn't change anything about his name to me he looks like a David :-)
    What kind of names are you drawn too: traditional, trendy, etc.? Trendy

In 82 ` 13,866 girls were named Rachel

And... 64 boys were named Rachel, poor boys.
  • If you could choose your own name, what would you pick? As a kid I would have changed it to Garnet. That was always my "play name". But really I wouldnt change it at all.

If you could choose your SO's name, what would you pick? David is perfect for him, so I will let him keep it. :-)

What kind of names are you drawn too: traditional, trendy, etc.? Traditional and old fashioned. Hence Elsie Irene for our daughter and Chester Michael. 

How popular was your name the year you were born? Not. I think I have met one Jeannette (alternate spellings included) that was around my age. Most are older ladies. :-)
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• NoetholaNoethola member
    edited February 2014
    Dbl post, sorry. :-)
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• f you could choose your own name, what would you pick?   I like my name actually :)

If you could choose your SO's name, what would you pick?  I'm fine with Jim. I've always been drawn to guys with "J" names ....funny that I named my son with one too, lol.

What kind of names are you drawn too: traditional, trendy, etc.?-- Whoops, should have read ahead. I like traditional names and old fashioned names. Anything that is from the early days of the century I'm drawn to. Henry, Charles, William.... Margaret, Sophie, Charlotte....etc...

How popular was your name the year you were born?--- TOO popular!!!  Not only were there a bagillion Katie's out there, I also have an Irish maiden name and went to an all girls Catholic school in a very densely Irish populated neighborhood soooo, you can imagine the confusion. There were no less than 2 other Kate or Katie's in each of my classes all of us with Irish names!!
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Thats funny about your childhood playname. I would do that too.... for the longest time I begged my mom to change my name to Kelsey. Then my Social Studies teacher, who I hated,  had a baby named her Kelsey....end of that.  :)
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

I always wanted a different name. When I was younger, I wanted to be Emily (which is my niece's name)

If you could choose your SO's name, what would you pick? His name fits him for the most part.

What kind of names are you drawn too: traditional, trendy, etc.?  I like traditional different names. Names that aren't common, but not too off the wall.

Jessica was CRAZY popular. I had 3 Jessica's I went to school with.
    *******************************************************************************************************************
    BFP#1 March24,2011  MC on May 29,2011 BFP#2 Sept,2011 MC Oct 2011 (Molar)
    Started Progestrone Treatment, BFP#3 May 10,2013  PROM/PRL on Sept 7 2013
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers   
    image        Use Ovuline to most accurately track your ovulation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"