Late Term and Child Loss

PgAL Check In

I thought this was well written and wanted to share:

https://www.stillbornandstillbreathing.com/2014/02/to-mom-expecting-again-after-lossi-was_21.html?m=1

I hope I find you all well and positive this week! If you have any questions you would like answered, please don't be shy! You can also ask the PAL ladies. Grow little ones, grow!

How far along are you?

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?

QOTW: What have you planned so far for your Rainbow Baby?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: PgAL Check In

• Thanks for the article, it was beautiful!

How far along are you?  36 weeks 1 day

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?  I get my cerclage out on Tuesday, I never thought I'd see the day where it would be removed and I am still pregnant! 

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?  Just discomfort and pain, especially when I wake up, I often have leg cramps and hip pain.

QOTW: What have you planned so far for your Rainbow Baby?  Everything is bought, I am just waiting on MH to assemble the rest of the furniture (glider and nightstand is done, crib and dresser are not).

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I'm watching for any sign of labor.  I was in L&D on Monday for mild contractions, but no dilation or effacement.  I'm really nervous about going into labor with my cerclage still in, so I am anxious for Tuesday to ditch the stitch!

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• How far along are you? 9 weeks five days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? March 5

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Chicken grosses me out...

QOTW: What have you planned so far for your Rainbow Baby? I haven't planned anything, I'm taking this pregnancy day by day.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? September is so far away...

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    37w6d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?
    I had my cerclage removed last Monday and I have a regular OB appt scheduled for Thursday, but I don't think I'm gonna make it.

I am peeing all the time and standing up causes a lot of pelvic pain. Besides these normal late pregnancy pains, things are going well.

QOTW: What have you planned so far for your Rainbow Baby?
    Nothing special. Nursery is done, hospital bag packed, car seat installed...just waiting on baby now.

I had a check up on Thursday and my OB told me he was out of town tomorrow through Sunday morning and I almost started crying. Now that my cerclage is removed I could go any day and after everything with my last pregnancy and loss and the stress of this one...I just can't imagine having anyone else deliver this LO. So I am giving my cervix pep talks until Sunday afternoon.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @angelsnight, @PerkyErky, getting so close! Praying for you both for rest and comfort and energy for your upcoming deliveries!
  • jonahsma said:

How far along are you? 9 weeks five days

Congrats!! I must have missed your announcement before.
  • @angelsnight and @PerkyErky so close!!!  Many thoughts and prayers over the next few days!

How far along are you?  31 weeks 5 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? My shower is tomorrow - which truly makes me really happy but also brings a lot of mixed emotions...

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Nothing unusual - hip/pelvic pain, trouble sleeping/getting comfortable

QOTW: What have you planned so far for your Rainbow Baby?  I've "planned" a lot...but haven't really done anything.  Back in January I really wanted to start buying everything we needed - crib, car seat, etc - but DH reminded me to wait until this shower, so I've been patiently waiting for tomorrow.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  I've noticed, this week especially, that I've been avoiding people I don't know if possible.  Meaning, avoiding people that don't know we have triplets so I don't get asked "is this your first?" When I am asked, I respond "no" but for whatever reason, I found myself trying to avoid people that would ask, or trying to cover my belly up (which is hard to do when it's winter and your winter coat can't close...)
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not really a check in, but I got a call from my OB yesterday and I knew you ladies would understand. The blood work from my integrated screening (the one that tests for down syndrome, trisomy 18, spina bifida, hydrocephaly, and anacephaly) came back abnormal. I have to go in Tuesday for an ultrasound to determine what, If anything, is wrong. I'm terrified. I don't think I could handle another loss. My pgal brain goes right to the worst possible scenario. I feel physically sick about it. Dd knows I'm not myself... my patience is low, I'm no fun at all, and the poor thing can't figure out why. I'm irrationally angry with dh... I'm angry that twice now he hasn't had to go through the miserable parts of pregnancy knowing that you still might not bring a baby home, I'm angry that he can be so calm about everything, I'm angry that he can have a cigarette to calm himself but that I can't have a glass of wine because I'm still pregnant after all, even though I might not be next week. In general I'm just a mess. I feel like I'm failing as a mom, failing as a wife, failing at life. Why don't I make healthy babies? What's wrong with me? I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions before we have ask the info but I can't help it. Any t&p you could spare would be helpful.

• @lrichmond86 I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I'll be praying for you and your baby. Try to remember it's just a screening and is by no means a definitive diagnosis yet. My H is always having to tell me "don't panic until it's time to panic." HTH and that you can find some peace and calm after speaking with your dr.

How far along are you? 29w on Monday!

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? I have a MFM appt on Monday and a fetal echo follow up on Thursday. When we scheduled the fetal echo 6 weeks ago I honestly worried that I wouldn't still be pregnant for the appointment. I'm so happy to have made it this far.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I've been desperately craving PF Changs. We went last night and my meal was so spicy I could hardly eat it. I was so very disappointed.

QOTW: What have you planned so far for your Rainbow Baby? Really I'm just taking things a day/week at a time. The babies' room is painted the cribs are up and we have a lot of stuff in there right now from the shower we had last Saturday. We have another shower this afternoon so I'm hoping that once we've sorted through everything I can finish buying what we need and get everything washed, put away and organized.

I've started having some mild contractions and though I know this is normal it scares me to think that these babies may come too early still. I've made it to my big goal of 28w, but I want to make it to at least 32w to give them the best possible chance at survival and to minimize time in the NICU. I just keep praying for god to let these babies keep growing inside me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• T&ps for each of you as you go through this journey.

@lrichmond86 Extra t&ps for peace for you and your DH. Its impossible not to panic about your babies. But you ARE a good mom. You love your babies to heaven and back.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• @lrichmond86 lots of T&Ps your way and I hope it turns out to be nothing. It is so scary and all we do is worry. You are a great mom who loves her children. Big hugs.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @angelsnight Thinking of you , tomorrow is the big day... 

I will be keeping you all in prayer! 

• @jonahsma, thank you!  I'm nervous, but more excited to get it out.  Hopefully it's quick.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"