3rd Trimester
Options

Polyhydramnios(too much amniotic fluid)

Was wondering if anyone here is dealing with polyhydramnios like me, I'm 31 weeks measuring 43 weeks! It's so uncomfortable! Anyway, if anyone has had this do your doctors know why?

Re: Polyhydramnios(too much amniotic fluid)

• Options
    Have they told you why? My MFM feels that mine most likely is idiopathic meaning no known cause. It's important that they screen for genetic diseases and fetal malformations carefully though. What is your AFI? Mine is somewhat borderline at 26.7 (cut off is 24). At 30 weeks I was measuring 33 weeks so not too bad. Sorry you're so uncomfortable!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    They don't really know what's causing it yet. He does have some problems with his heart and one of his kidneys..but hopefully its just that and doesn't turn out to be any genetic diseases. I'm not sure what my AFI is but I'm seeing the Perinatologist on Monday so I'll be sure to ask.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine was detected at 32 weeks. I was measuring 37 weeks. They sent me for an u/s and I had extra fluid. They take measurements of various fluid pockets and the total shouldn't be more than 25 units, mine measured 29. 2 weeks later I had a repeat scan and was still measuring at 29 units. My ob said that I just needed to be monitored a little closer and they weren't sure of cause. He was hoping that the fluid would reduce on it's own and at this week's scan I measured at 24 units. I am very lucky. Good luck to you and I hope yours resolves on it's own.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    A coworker who just gave birth had this but her baby has cleft palette/lip. They were able to find that out pretty early on though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"