August 2013 Moms
Options

CD mommas

Now that we are all introducing solids or close to it, have you guys started spraying/dunking dipes? Or when are you going to start?

I've read that "you'll know when" by how it looks, but I'm not so sure.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CD mommas

• Options
    Seriously: you'll know when. The consistency will be thicker, like peanut butter. Honestly, it's a huge difference from EBF poop (I don't know what EFF poop looks like, so I can't comment on that), so you'll know.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    It smells like a grown man poop. Nasty. You will know. M poops once a day, so I use a liner till he poops, then toss the poo liner, then go without a liner the rest of the day. If he has a second poop, I dunk and swish.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Her poop has clumps of real food in it. Originally I was going to spray, but I've been using liners instead. I just toss the liner in the garbage.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Haha alright ill take it from three A13 mommas. I'll know. How long about did it take to get to that stage? We're doing BLW and right now just once a day if that, he's getting food, I find bits in his diaper but probably not as much as if I was giving purées. Should I spray if I find bits?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Ashesha13 said:
    Haha alright ill take it from three A13 mommas. I'll know. How long about did it take to get to that stage? We're doing BLW and right now just once a day if that, he's getting food, I find bits in his diaper but probably not as much as if I was giving purées. Should I spray if I find bits?
    Spraying is annoying, IMO. If it's just a little I use a baby wipe and just pick it out the diaper.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    I dunked maybe 1 dipe. The rest have all been pretty solids and I just plop in the toilet.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Oh, you will know. We spray, I don't find it annoying, we just have a wet bag in the bathroom for poop diapers.
    I'm not opposed to dunking either, but MH was pretty insistent on a sprayer. And since we only bought one BC of him, he gets to spray 9/10 poopy diapers. :) I dont save them for him, but he changes all diapers when he's home, and he has been emptying the wet bag for me when LO and I get home. :) Good man.

• Options
    I also thought "how will I know?" But you will know. It changes it colour slightly, is creamier and less seedy. I pretty much can't eat peanut butter right now.

I am dunking and swishing for now. Today I was able to plop into the toilet so it changed quickly.

It smells. I can smell now when he has pooed.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When in doubt, spray

• Options
    My husband insisted that we use liners if I wanted to cloth diaper. These days, I'm so glad he did.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lurking from S13.

If you use a liner, do you put a new one in every time you change or just when they poop? LO will be starting solids soon and I kinda forgot about this-CD has been so easy till now. I forgot I would have to add a step.

• Options
    laurafish said:
    Lurking from S13.

If you use a liner, do you put a new one in every time you change or just when they poop? LO will be starting solids soon and I kinda forgot about this-CD has been so easy till now. I forgot I would have to add a step.

all the time...I never know when this kid is going to poop
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Well we don't have a sprayer so I dunked and swirled today. Too many ity bity broccoli bits to pick out

• Options
    laurafish said:

Lurking from S13.

New one. But only till he poops, then I don't use one.
  • Options
    laurafishlaurafish member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Emeraldeyed315 -I never know when mine will either. He has been two, three and even four days sometimes between poops but maybe he will be more predictable once he starts solids. It just feels like so much waste to use liners for two days and have nothing. I may have to break down and get a sprayer.
  • Options
    laurafish said:
    Lurking from S13.

We use a new liner every time, although I was trying to skip them on changes when I'm pretty sure she's not going to poop -- like overnight. With adding solids, though, I'm a little worried that what little pattern we've established will go out the window, so I've been using them with every change.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"