IUI for endo — The Bump
TTC after 35

IUI for endo

My RE says I have a 30-35% chance of conceiving with IUI and super-o, but this RE says IUI and super-o will not increase my chances at all. http://haveababy.com/fertility-information/ivf-authority/endometriosis-ivf-is-more-successful/ I have talked to them both about the other's theory and all they will say is they disagree. They both have studies to support their conclusions. How do I decide whether IUI and super-o is worth another try? I certainly don't want to spend $3k of my own hard earned money and all the effort injecting myself if it doesn't help at all.
Me: 37; DH: 35, SA normal ttc 1st since 11/2011 1/2013: HSG 2/2013-4/2013: acupuncture 3/2013: SHG 4/9/13: lap removed stage 2 endo & ovarian cyst 9/2013-11/2013: Clomid 3x 12/2013: IUI/superO 2013: spent $4,900 on treatment Waiting until 1/2015 for IVF insurance

Re: IUI for endo

  •  I  have no advice to give you- I don't have endo so I am not knowledgeable.  If the ladies on this board can't help you I would post this over on TTTC.

    Good luck!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

    Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

     IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!


  • I was facing the decision to try medicated iui following my endometriosis surgery. I decided it wasn't worth the cost for such unknowns about my condition that could be preventing fertilization from happening in my body. I figured that it made more sense to try on my own for 6 months and save money for IVF. I did the IVF and it worked on my first try. No to say that is going to be the outcome for everyone. I think for me I made the best decision I could make with the knowledge I had.

    IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

    DS born 07/29/12

    FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

    FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards