Natural Birth
Options

I had no idea

I am so happy to find this board. I just recently started posting in the May 2014 board (I'm due May 1) and a fellow poster mentioned this board.

I have a 4 year old son that I had a terrible birth experience with and with this baby (daughter) I intend on having a natural birth. I have watch Business if Being Born and am reading a couple books on natural birth. I would love any advice from women who have done it before.

Re: I had no idea

• Options
    Thank you, I am reading a couple books now, I was considering Ina Mays as well.
  • Options
    Welcome! This is a great board with a lot of good information.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Racheal2WRacheal2W member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks a ton ladies
  • Options
    @tarajeannette - My husband loves The Birth Partner book, too! He tore through most of it the night they handed it out in class. :)
    3 early losses in 2013, but so thankful that our first baby boy is due 3/29/14! <3

Maximilian Hunt
    Born 3/19/14  //  7lbs 7oz  // 20.25in
  • Options
    In my experience a supportive OB or midwife is a must but if you don't have that you might consider a doula to support you during labor and advocate for your needs or switch practices to a more supportive environment?

You've received some great advice from PP! Congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second Ina May's book!! Amazing and so motivating. A solid support system from your partner and doctor are a must as well.

Son 4/27/12, Son 10/15/14, Daughter 9/29/16....Baby #4 due 10/09/19!  Apparently we get really bored in January ;)
  • Options
    Thank you for all of your input.

I am going to be speaking with my midwife again, I didn't totally get the vibe that she was supportive if a natural birth but She could have also just been trying to make use I know birth really takes it's own course and sometimes we have to be flexible.
  • Options
    Prenatal yoga was great practice for learning how to relax and focus during labor.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"