November 2012 Moms
Options

Bottomless Pit

How much is your LO eating in one sitting?

I'm pretty sure B would continue to eat for as long as I offered food. The pedi says he's a growing boy with a fast metabolism and that I should just continue to feed him healthy snacks, but I don't know where he is putting all this stuff!

For example, breakfast today:
BF, a whole banana, 3/4 cup of Cheerios, yogurt mixed with blueberries, a 9oz sippy cup of milk, 1/2 an English muffin with peanut butter, and within an hour he is asking to BF again.

What's a typical breakfast in your house?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bottomless Pit

• Options

holy wow! sam used to eat like that but as of late has become a little more picky (sigh) I am just letting her dictate how much to eat at meals but limiting the snacks between meals

example:

today breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs that we shared and a piece of toast and 4oz water

raisins at the park

Lunch we tried banana grilled cheese and green beans... not interested in any of them so will try a good chicken dinner with peas/.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Breakfast is usually V's big meal. He will eat a scrambled egg, a full banana or bunch of peaches or gapes, a piece of raisin toast and some kix cereal or Cheerios plus 6-8 oz of milk.

Snack is typically fruit or crackers with cheese

Lunch is whatever daycare serves. He eats a bunch there, IF he likes it. 

Snack is typically a yogurt with some fruit or veggies (his newly e is green peppers and cucumbers) 

Dinner is whatever we are having and is hit or miss. Either he eats a ton or eats very little. 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Benjamin eats lots too. Especially at breakfast. He has a whole piece of toast, yogurt, a half banana or other fruit and we sometimes spilt a healthy muffin. Lunch is lighter. Dinner depends on what it is. Pasta he can eat a ton of. If it's grilled cheese he'll eat it all. It's nutts!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    H is more of a two breakfast baby.  He likes to snack first thing in the morning, and then sometimes have a second breakfast later.  But he eats like a bird compared to B!  Dinner is usually H's big meal - he gets really hungry in the afternoon/evening.

image   My chart 

• Options
    sammie had a huge dinner after her busy day .. so I will continue to follow her lead and minimize snacks.. I mean I let her snack but I try to make sure the snack do not interfere with meals

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Im struggling with eating these days. C's big meal is breakfast. A scrambled egg with cheese & full banana or a waffle and berries.

lunch is chicken and veggies. Dinner is the worst for us, she's usually throwing it on the floor.  

She drinks her 15 oz milk a day and seems happy...

When you ladies say toast or waffle, are these dry or do you add butter or something?

• Options
    Ok, good. Thanks for the responses, now I feel like I'm only slightly stuffing his little belly. Breakfast is usually the biggest meal and he seems to want to snack lots during the day, but his appetite does slow down a little by dinnertime.

• Options
    ksherwood said:

Im struggling with eating these days. C's big meal is breakfast. A scrambled egg with cheese & full banana or a waffle and berries.

lunch is chicken and veggies. Dinner is the worst for us, she's usually throwing it on the floor.  

She drinks her 15 oz milk a day and seems happy...

When you ladies say toast or waffle, are these dry or do you add butter or something?

I usually serve it dry or with avocado
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Z just started eating a lot. He's on antibiotics for an ear infection (done tomorrrow) and he's now become an empty pit at dinner. Last night he had 11 mini pancakes, 6oz of strawberry yogurt (that's how i give them the antibiotics), then ate a package and a half of the Ritz stay fresh crackers with some cream cheese. I have no idea where he put it all. I don't think we're gonna have an underweight issue at his next appointment if he keeps eating like that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"