August 2013 Moms
Options

Weight Loss Wednesday

Weight loss check in with you lovely ladies. 

How is everyone doing? Any goals met or speed bumps hit? 

Also, what's your biggest problem zone that you're working on the hardest? How are you trying to work on it?  

And because gifs make everything awesome, heres some 80's hunks working hard in tube socks and itty bitty shorts. 

Re: Weight Loss Wednesday

• Options
    I've gained a little back this week. AF hasn't made it easy. I've been exceptionally tired and hungry. Valentines Day didn't help either. I should have told DH no chocolates, but I graciously accepted them ;) 

I decided to sign up for a Hike for Mental Illness this May. I'm super excited. We have a great pack for LO and I have every intention of using it A LOT this year.

As far as trouble zones... everywhere? Ugh. I'm really working on my arms and core at the moment. Lots of planks, push ups, some hand weight work, crunches. I've also been purposely moving more with my core (fidgeting/dancing to music in car/at work) and also sucking it in, which I hear can help stomach muscles.. so we'll see :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We took a few days off this weekend. We started back up on Monday and are finishing level 2 of the 30 DS tonight! Moving on to level 3 on Thursday! Eek!

I haven't weighed myself since we started but I know weight has come off! I can notice a difference in my DH's body too! It's fun to do this together. We always end up laughing and having fun every night :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                  Madison & Rylee
                             All of me loves all of you!
  • Options
    Revez said:
    @TrueBeliever925 I'm in the same boat. Miserable week = stress = emotional eating. I need to find a better way to deal with stress then to eat. AF came to town, we didn't have time to cook much this week, there was chocolate in the house. I'm a mess. By some miracle I still managed to work out, but it obviously did nothing. I'm so discouraged :(( Problem areas? Can I say me? My stomach is a *huge* issue. As are my thighs, arms, back, face. Maybe I should exercise my face... Smile, frown, smile, frown, smile, frown.
    Booo :( seriously @revez...I'm right there with you. 

• Options
    No weight loss again this week, but I've done yoga 4 days this week. I've signed up for a 5k in April in connection with the Boston marathon.. Just downloaded the couch to 5k app! I'm very excited and hope to jog the whole 5k!

My problem area is most def my stomach, esp above my csection scar. It's so flabby :( yoga is helping.
    On to a new week ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tons of emotional eating in the last few days. This morning: 186lb. Also, I'm sick. So sick eating, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Nothing lost this week but I think valentines day set me back a bit. Problem area is my stomach and right around my hips. I have a muffin top going on and I don't like it.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    I didn't weigh myself...completely forgot. But I think I'm gonna back off of WW for a bit. It seems like my supply took a hit. :-(
  • Options
    Problem areas are my elephant legs and my poochy belly I signed up for a girl version of a tough mudder in May so I need to get my butt in gear! I was feeling great putting on old pp jeans this weekend, but then we went away for 2 days and ate junk so I feel disappointed with myself. Here is my progress so far
    @sftbllstr87 - You look marvelous! :)

• Options
    ludali said:

I didn't weigh myself...completely forgot. But I think I'm gonna back off of WW for a bit. It seems like my supply took a hit. :-(

Did you cut way back on calories if you don't mind me asking?
    I want to lose weight faster, but concerned about it affecting my supply.
  • Options
    So so week. Some days better with portion sizes than others.

Downloaded the "lose it" app to track calories and to make sure I'm eating enough fruits and veggies.

I used to be proud of my flat tummy pp so I want it back. Need to tone up all over.

Goals are to track all food for the week, try better with portion sizes and to drink more water.

• Options
    ludaliludali member
    edited February 2014
    @juliad2010

I was doing Weight Watchers...and even though they have a breastfeeding setting, I think i was just eating too much when i joined, so the drop in calories was probably more drastic than WW intends it to be. So I'll probably slowly start removing calories from each day and then try WW again at another time. I love the program, but I love BFing more!
  • Options
    @ludali, thanks for writing back. I'm going to gradually cut calories and see how it affects supply.
  • Options
    Week number two of no lbs lost and I have been so busy at work or it's snowing that I haven't had any time to get to the gym. It's been a crap week and I really am frustrated... I have no clue why I can't lose weight?!? My diet has been spot on... No cheating!
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    KatieS7 said:

@NikkiD522 I totally forgot the rest of your gym plan! Fail on my part, sorry! I will sit down tomorrow and get one more day planned out for you I promise. What does your daily diet look like?

So does this mean I can blame it on you? Hehe ... I've incorporated a lot of your plan into my workouts and also added in a hot yoga session.. But like I said, I've really plateaued.

My average daily diet is as follows:

Breakfast- toast with jelly or a protein/fiber bar with a piece of fruit a bit later along with a cup of coffee

Lunch- a salad filled with veggies, soup, on desperate days a lean cuisine, or some rice/quinoa with veggies.

Afternoon snack- another piece of fruit or a sweet low fat snack (protein bar)

Dinner- normal chicken breast, green veggie, and an occasional potato or starch.. But recently not even that.

Late night snack (8 or 9pm)- a cup of hot cocoa, a clementine, or a small bowl of cereal.

Calorie intake has been staying around 1200-1400... Depending on how much exercise I get!

Sorry the DD/Novel!
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    This week was a giant fail. I didn't gain, which is miraculous. Between the stomach flu getting H and I, Joel needing breathing treatments and being so ill, coordinating doc appointments for all three of us, the RSV outbreak at daycare, 2 "snow days" in Georgia, and the bleeding (yes.... Still bleeding)..... It's amazing I'm still alive.

My goal the next few weeks is to focus on me, and make good choices. I have to step off the scale until the bleeding stops- it just isn't fair to yoyo like that all the time from bloating, etc. I'm not giving up, but I am taking a step back. I want to and need to lose weight, but I feel so mentally scattered that I just can't pull it all together.

Here's to hoping everything returns to normal shortly.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    NikkiD522 said:

KatieS7 said:

@NikkiD522 I totally forgot the rest of your gym plan! Fail on my part, sorry! I will sit down tomorrow and get one more day planned out for you I promise. What does your daily diet look like?

So does this mean I can blame it on you? Hehe ... I've incorporated a lot of your plan into my workouts and also added in a hot yoga session.. But like I said, I've really plateaued.

My average daily diet is as follows:

Breakfast- toast with jelly or a protein/fiber bar with a piece of fruit a bit later along with a cup of coffee

Lunch- a salad filled with veggies, soup, on desperate days a lean cuisine, or some rice/quinoa with veggies.

Afternoon snack- another piece of fruit or a sweet low fat snack (protein bar)

Dinner- normal chicken breast, green veggie, and an occasional potato or starch.. But recently not even that.

Late night snack (8 or 9pm)- a cup of hot cocoa, a clementine, or a small bowl of cereal.

Calorie intake has been staying around 1200-1400... Depending on how much exercise I get!

Sorry the DD/Novel!

You're not eating enough. That's why your body is holding onto the weight.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @katies7 and @californiadream87 I was eating maybe an extra 500 calories prior to "dieting" and somehow managed to gain 5 pounds..? I'm all for eating more, although quite honestly I'm not sure how else to add more food in... But I'm having a hard time buying into the starvation mode bc I've eaten more in the past, and at least since I've cut back since jan 1, I did lose some weight.. It just hasn't budged the last 3 weeks..? Can starvation happen weeks down the road? I look forward to your pm Katie, I'll take any and all advice :-)

As info, I'm at 154 now.. not sure if that puts the caloric intake into any other light. PP wt was 125-130 so I have a long way to go :-(
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    NikkiD522 said:

Week number two of no lbs lost and I have been so busy at work or it's snowing that I haven't had any time to get to the gym. It's been a crap week and I really am frustrated... I have no clue why I can't lose weight?!? My diet has been spot on... No cheating!

This is me!!! When I stopped bf dd after three years a ton of weight came off I am talking 40 pounds within a few months
  • Options
    Ffrey1119 said:

NikkiD522 said:

This is me!!! When I stopped bf dd after three years a ton of weight came off I am talking 40 pounds within a few months
    Im thinking this might be me too... I am BFing, although not exclusively.. But if have heard of women who just hold onto the weight until they're weaned completely.
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    KatieS7 said:

NikkiD522 said:

Ffrey1119 said:

NikkiD522 said:

Im thinking this might be me too... I am BFing, although not exclusively.. But if have heard of women who just hold onto the weight until they're weaned completely.

Totally possible. I held onto 5 or so lbs until I stopped BF'ing DD1.

HOPE that will be me! Although I want to breastfeeding until at least a year...
  • Options
    I have managed to lose 10lb!!! I am so happy. I have not been this weight in a long time. So far so good.

My biggest problem area is my belly....and my butt....both are nasty to me...also my arms are kinda flabby now too....ugh

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"