Two Under 2

Shower

DS is 20 months and DD is 7 weeks. I wanted to take a quick shower this morning and leave the two kids with DH in the living room. Instead of being ok with it like I thought he would be he told me that I should wait until both kids are asleep later ( even though they hardly ever nap at the same time). He said DD will just cry with him when I leave so I shouldn't shower. He says she is never calm with him but I feel like sometimes he doesn't try very hard to calm her down. So frustrating.

Re: Shower

• Sounds like he needs some time to adjust with DD, which of course means you should take all the showers you want. He has to be a Dad and learn how to cope. The harder thing will be when he's not home and you need to shower. I generally showered at night after kids were asleep, until my LO was on a consistent schedule. Then I woke up before the kids and showered in the morning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My second (DS) was and is super difficult.  My husband had a really hard time dealing with him and it was hard on me.  I would start forcing your DH to deal with DD so that you get a break and he learns what works for him, etc.  My son is 1 tomorrow and he still really has a vast preference for me over my husband and it's super annoying even though DH has done a lot more in recent months.  I'd sit down with him and say that he needs to work on his approach with your DD and even start leaving them alone.  Take your oldest out for an hour and let DH handle the baby.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH is similar. He just isn't comfortable with little babies because he knows that they really do just want me. I started showering with the little one in the shower with me. She was on a ramp like bath seat similar to this. Now at 9 months she LOVES the shower and I can let the two big girls watch a movie or nap while I get a shower so I'm not leaving family time so I can shower. Not the best of options but better than the stinky alternative ;)
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • When my second was under 5 months. I put in the bouncy seat in the bathroom so he could see me while I showered.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I think I would have taken an hour long shower if my DH said that to me.  I would not take the baby into the shower with me.  That is really my only opportunity for alone time.  The only way he is going to be able to soothe your LO is if he makes an effort every day without you around.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"