Babies: 3 - 6 Months

LO has a cold

Hello fellow bumpie's,

It's the time of the year and our whole family has caught a cold. DH started last week and now LO and myself have it. Honestly our little guy is doing a lot better than us grown ups haha
He doesn't have a fever and is his usually happy self, he just has a cough that sounds wet (no phlegm or sputum has come out though) and his nose was stuffy but I used some saline drops to help him with that.
I also use vicks and he has a humidifier in his room.
Is there anything else I can try to help him with his cough?
I just want it to naturally run its course, since antibiotics won't work with a common cold anyways.
If anybody has other home remedies please share :)

Thanks!!

Re: LO has a cold

• It may not hurt to have him checked out.  DS started a cough last week and was diagnosed with broncholitis and needs to have a nebulizer treatment a couple times a day.

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Ugh, sorry. Feel better soon. Same thing happened to me, LO got sick and a few days later I got sick too. Try to get some sleep. It took me forever to get better because I was constantly getting up with LO at night and working during the day and never getting a full nights rest. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Steam from shower helps dd. I just turn the water to the hottest and the shower with her in the bathroom Anderson her breath the steam for 5-10 mins
  • I did saline drops with my LO recently since she is recovering from a cold... Nose Frida also worked wonders since she was stuffy, it kept the loose mucus out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Saline, Saline, Saline...  If  you see that your LO has a cruddy nose, cough, etc.. Like a PP said, have him checked out.  My LO didn't run fever, acted fine, and ate fine.....he had RSV.  We did breathing treatments as well.  We did have an antibiotic too, but that was due to the fluid in one of his ears..  Otherwise, it's just what you're doing now plus a breathing treatment if necessary.
  • Nose Frida.  Thought it was gross at first.  Just bought it and I love it.  Don't know why I went so long without it
    View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    My forever love  ( April Siggy Challenge) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"