In 2007 I had no idea I was pregnant and had to have emergency surgery to remove the pregnancy. My tube had ruptured and I had tons of internal bleeding. As a result, I lost my tube. While the doctor was in there, they assessed my remaining tube and noticed that it was not in good shape. They took pictures and discussed their findings with me once I had woken up from my surgery. At the time, me and DH were not married and not really thinking about kids. My doctor pretty much told me that I would probably need to remove my remaining tube in the future and IVF may be my only option. Like I said, we were not ready to have kids so I just pushed it to the back of my mind. Fast forward to 2011. At this time DH had been married for a while and we decided to see an RE. We knew we would need to go straight to the RE and my OB agreed.
I was very naive about my condition and just thought that we would do IVF and it would work (yea, what a joke). I thought I had my age (30) on my side. I knew nothing about IVF and just blindly trusted everything my RE told me. My first cycle was an antagonist and was my worst cycle ever. He told me that this was the best protocol for someone who had DOR and that since I didn't do well on the protocol that I would probably not respond well to any other protocol. I started doing research and switched to another RE within the clinic. My 2nd doctor listened to my concerns somewhat and agreed to change my protocol. We did a micro flare. I did much better with IVF2 and even got pregnant. I had taken COQ10 & RJ. Unfortunately I developed a SCH & ultimately lost the pregnancy. We were not sure if it was due to an abnormal embryo or the SCH. I m/c at home so we were not able to test the fetus. I did IVF3 with the same doctor but my response was so/so and I decided to self cancel before ER. At this point my doctor told me that if I did not switch to DE, they would not allow me to cycle again. I happily told them good bye and moved on to my current clinic.
At the new clinic I was armed with a better understanding (somewhat) of how my body responded to the meds and the whole IVF process overall. This time, my doctor really was receptive to trying new things. With a little uncertainty, I tried an antagonist/agonist conversion. It was a bad cycle. I only retrieved one mature egg out of 9. The embryo quality was great but it did not stick. Now, I was convinced that my body did not like any type of ganirelix or antagonist protocol. This was my concern initially after comparing how well I did on IVF2 (micro flare) compared to IVF1(antagonist). My doctor agreed with me after we poured over my records (e2 levels specifically) from each cycle thoroughly. For some reason I seem to do better with some form of lupron. My doctor does not do flare protocols so we did a traditional LLP for IVF4. I had a decent cycle but we still seemed to have a maturity issue. I did get pregnant but it turned out to be chemical. The weird thing was...now that we switched to a lupron protocol, my e2 skyrocketed EARLY. I had to trigger early because my e2 shot up and so did my LH. So I went from being a poor responder to being a somewhat fast responder-WEIRD. My doctor figured that if we dropped the stim dosage for the next round, I would not stim so quickly. We did that for IVF5. We cut the gonal down drastically (from 600 to 300) and used 1/2 vial of menopur. Well my e2 still took off quickly and by day 4, I already had follicles in the 13-15 range. After day 6, I already had two over 20. I just felt like that was not a good sign and decided to cacel the cycle.
For IVF 5.5 (I feel sick just typing that). We are going to do LLP again, but skip the bcp and raise the lupron dose. I hope to not stim so quickly. I feel like we could be close, but we have to get the protocol just right. Also, my FSH has been great (at around 7.5) lately but I know they say that you are only as good as your highest FSH. Sorry this has been a novel but I know that unfortunately a lot of you have been through so much too so you can relate to my misery. I am currently waiting on my period so that we can start our new cycle. My period is late and I am sure that has everything to do with the fact that my last cycle was cancelled. I just hope I don't have any cysts when I go in for my next appointment. I am getting really tired of going through IVF and I don't know how much more I can take. I look forward to joining you guys and supporting everyone however I can. Thanks again for listening.
Me & DH (33), 3 Furbabies, TTC since October 2011
Day 3 #’s (Dec 2012) FSH 9, AMH .77, LH 2.4, E2 31, AFC 9
DX: Me-DOR + No Tubes, DH-Fine
Ectopic 2007; lost tube/2nd tube removed Dec 2011 (hydro)
April 2012=IVF#1- EPP Antag+ICSI, 2R,0F (BFN), Now dx’d with DOR.
June-July 2012=IVF#2- MDL+ICSI&AH, 8R,4M,3F (BFP 9dp3dt) Beta#1 at 11dp3dt=36, Beta#2 at 15dp3dt=156, Beta#3 at 19dp3dt=671, dx'd with SCH, no growth-m/c at 7wks/Lap Dec 2012 to remove small fibroid.
Feb 2013=IVF#3-MDL, 2/1=baseline, started 10 units mdl, AFC-7, 2/3 start gonal f, self cxld cycle b/c of low e2.
April 2013=IVF#3.5-(with new RE)AG/ANT Conv + ICSI. 4/10-4/23 bcp's, 4/20-4/27 lupron, 4/28-ganirelix until end of stimming, 5/2-600 gonal f, 5/4-add 1/2 vial menopur, 5/13-ER (9R,1M,1F), 5/17-ET, 1 beautiful 8 cell (please be my sticky baby!!!!) 5/28-BFFN.
Oct 2013=IVF#4-LLP+ICSI &AH, 10/14 (6R, 2M, 2F), 10/17-ET, 1 seven cell & a six cell, BFP at 9dp3dt, 1st beta=56, 2nd beta=52, CP.
Jan 2014=IVF #5-LLP, Cxld after 6 days of stims due to fast response and lead follicle.
March 2014=IVF 5.5-LLP, Lupron 3/10, BL 3/18, 11 days of stims, Trigger 3/29, ER 3/31. 7R, 2M, 2F. ET 4/3. Txfd one 5 cell & one 9 cell. BFP on hpt from 7dp3dt & on. Praise be to God. Beta #1 at 11dp3dt=106, #2 at 13dp3dt=239. First u/s 4/28, measuring on track & heartbeat seen. 5/5-2nd u/s, measuring on track with strong heartbeat. 5/12- 3rd u/s & released from RE. Grow baby grow, we love you! Baby G&T is a BOY! Born 12/2014 via c/s! 8lbs, 8oz & 21 inches.