August 2012 Moms

Breakfast

I'm looking for ideas on what to feed DS for breakfast. He always has yogurt, banana, and then something else. I'll make pancakes, waffles, or oatmeal but I want to mix it up. He doesn't seem to fond of plain eggs but other than that he's not too picky...suggestions?
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Breakfast

• My ds doesn't like eggs at all! He has a banana every morning and usually blueberry pancakes or waffles, muffins, or toast. No real variation. I don't know what else to try for breakfast! Oh and he doesn't eat oatmeal or yogurt anymore...no real help but I'll be stalking to see other suggestions!
  • DS won't eat scrambled eggs either (well he will, but only in fried rice), but he does love french toast.  Other than that addition we have a pretty boring breakfast routine too.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • We do the same thing you do - banana and yogurt. Sometimes a multigrain waffle with jam. She also likes Peanut Butter Puffins cereal so sometimes she'll get a handful of those.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    edited February 2014
    LO eats steel cut oatmeal that I make in the slow cooker several days a week. On weekends I make pancakes and freeze some for weekday use. I also make a quinoa or rice pudding with almond milk and eggs that she likes. She also has some kind of fruit every morning, banana, berries or orange slices are her favorites. She is a better eater in the morning than later in the day.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • DS's breakfast is pretty much the same!  Although somedays I'll make him eggs.  On the weekend, we might throw in a piece of turkey sausage and an english muffin if we're making a big breakfast for ourselves.  But he always eats every bite of his breakfast so I guess I'm not too worried about variety.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• You could try a breakfast pizza or breakfast quesadilla. Both are easy to make and DS loves being able to hold the food on his own. Both have eggs but in a different way than just plain eggs. We have also tried apple pancake rings, a variety of muffins, and different flavors of oatmeal... He loves it all! Oh and we make peanut butter pancakes and add jelly and they are a huge hit... Easy to freeze as well!
  • Dd has been hooked on sausage for a while so I usually bake a package of sausage links in the oven for 20 min the night before and heat them up for the next few mornings. (The frozen ones gross me out, and I eat them too so I put in extra effort for those).
    She is also very into raisin bread toast sometimes with cream cheese. Picking out the raisins to eat keeps her busy. :)
    Just recently she started eating eggs (the white portion of my over easy eggs with a bit of salt and pepper). She hated them before but I think the pepper won her over...
    She always has fruit - today it was cantaloupe and strawberries, blackberries were a hit last week. Most days it's banana or mandarin orange.
    She usually has yogurt for a snack later and she likes to drop cereal in her cup and fish it out with her spoon - keeps her busy and helps her learn to use utensils!
    Now I gotta put hash browns on the list I think dd would love that :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    9/50
  • Thanks for all the ideas ladies. Looks like I'll have a few more things to add to our breakfast list!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Albert has half a banana, a half serving of granola, and some yogurt.  He has milk or watered down juice.  He'll eat just about anything.  Recently he's wanted to eat what I eat, so that's what I've been giving him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Depending on time, DH will make some eggs (scrambled, fried, or an omelette) or we'll do pain oatmeal or yogurt with fruit mixed in or Cheerios with blueberries or raisins and a tiny bit of milk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"