Toddlers: 24 Months+

xp: crib chewing?

so ds is almost 23 months old and recently starting chewing on his crib.  i think it's out of anxiety...he's been waking in the middle of the night and crying for us.  (we do go get him if his crying persists after a couple of minutes...but i digress)  the chewing isn't so bad, is more like tiny teeth scrapes.  i've since covered the rails, but does anybody else's kid(s) do this?
thanks!

Re: xp: crib chewing?

• DS1 and DS2 have done this...DS1 was awful and his crib look like a beaver had gotten hold of it.  DS2 really only did it when he was teething so I made a fleece thing to go over it and it actually helped him to stop the behavior.  He didn't like the way the fleece felt on his tongue so after a few days of having that on, he stopped.  I left it on just in case he started up again when the next teeth started to come in but he hasn't done it since then.  

It's fairly common and nothing to be worried about...just cover the rails somehow.
  • JENandJEH said:
    DS1 and DS2 have done this...DS1 was awful and his crib look like a beaver had gotten hold of it.  DS2 really only did it when he was teething so I made a fleece thing to go over it and it actually helped him to stop the behavior.  He didn't like the way the fleece felt on his tongue so after a few days of having that on, he stopped.  I left it on just in case he started up again when the next teeth started to come in but he hasn't done it since then.  

It's fairly common and nothing to be worried about...just cover the rails somehow.
    yes...i covered his rails with his old receiving blankets!  whew, i'm glad to hear that this is pretty common.  when i looked it up on google, i was reading stuff from like 2010!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"