My baby is here!

Baby's Name:  Adiya Lily
Sex: Female
Date of Birth: 2/12/14
Original Due Date: 3/10/14
Weeks Pregnant: 36 weeks, 2 days
Baby's Weight: 5lbs 12oz
Baby's Length: 19 inches

I had an ovarian cyst and a fibroid and was scheduled for a c-section on 3/5. However, when I went in for an appointment on 2/2 (at 35 weeks), my blood pressure was 154/110 and I had protein in my urine. I was sent to the hospital for monitoring and blood work. My doctor told me that she expected that we needed to deliver that night! Thankfully my blood work was normal and my blood pressure stabilized so I was able to go home 2 days later on bed rest. I was totally unprepared but had my husband and older son there to take care of me and my mom to do my emergency baby shopping. I had to my miss baby shower which made me sad, but they made it a virtual shower and I had gifts delivered to me. I was able to last a full week at home with mild preeclampsia before my 2/12 c-section.

I had a "two in one" surgery with an oncologist on hand to test the ovarian cyst after it was removed. They were also planning on removing my right ovary but didn't have to do so. The great news was that the cyst was not cancerous and turned out to be caused by endometriosis. My sweet baby did not need to be placed in the NICU and was very healthy. So, all in all everything went very well!

We went home Saturday and I have been healing and Adiya is a joy. We are having a great time with our little doll baby. She is our surprise miracle after 18 years of marriage. We have a 17 year old son and thought we would never have any more children. Now we are starting over at the ages of 38 (me) and 43 (husband)!

Re: My baby is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"