LGBT Parenting

TTC and Diva Cup - other At Home AI kits?

Hi Everyone,
I thought I would try this board b/c I have seen how friendly you guys are.
My DH and I are TTC and having trouble DTD the traditional way. I already use a Diva Cup for my period, was wondering if anyone has had success using it for TTC? Also wanted to know any favorite at home kits for AI that I should order. I do not need to store the sperm, can put it right in pretty right away.
Thanks! 

Re: TTC and Diva Cup - other At Home AI kits?

• We found the Diva Cup more annoying than anything else.  Ended up mostly doing just butt in the air and needleless syringe aimed at the cervix.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• I dont know if this will help or not but I will post it anyway We used a syringe and preseed with the soft cup. I'm assuming soft cup and diva cup are the same? What worked for us was a 3 day insemination we chose the day before ovulation the day of and the day after and used preseed all 3 times and the first and third day we used the syringe to inseminate then put the soft cup right afterwards and on the second day we just used preseed and the syringe no soft cup this was because I went to bed right after and 9 days later we got our positive result hope this helps and good luck :) I will add that we did try for a little over a year on and off with a fresh donor but no preseed and did not become pregnant so I do personally believe the preseed helped.
  • Loading the player...
  • We didn't have luck using the soft cup and we changed to a needless syringe method, also. I have heard of someone being successful using the needless syringe and then putting a soft cup in. Never hurts to try 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Thank you, everyone. 
    I am wondering if the Soft Cup is similar enough to the Diva Cup that I can just use the Diva since I'm used to it. 

As to syringe, is it as simple as it seems, just put 'er up and shoot it? Thanks!
  • Pretty much! 

Just make sure that you don't put the syringe inside the uterus. Unless you are using washed sperm, you want to stay as close to the cervix as possible, without actually going through the cervix. It can cause a terrible infection. I think, honestly, it would be hard to do it wrong. We have done 5 at home ICI's and have never had a problem with infection. Just an FYI! 

I believe the soft cup and diva cup are pretty much the same thing. You can get soft cups in the tampon aisle at walmart.

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Terrific. Thank you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"