Pregnant after 35
Options

More of the things people say!

rascus15rascus15 member
edited February 2014 in Pregnant after 35

We had our baby shower yesterday (and it was awesome!)  My sister was there and she is pregnant too and only 3 weeks behind me.  She has never had a weight issue.  She is taller than me with long legs and a small baby bump.  I on the other hand am shorter, have always had trouble with my weight, and am measuring weeks ahead due to having 8 fibroids.  My Mom insisted that we stand side by side so she could take a picture.  It was right after my husband and I opened presents so everyone was gathered around.  I jokingly said well this isn't fair me having o stand next to her when she looks so good.  An old family friend said "I just really can't belive she is so close behind you in the pregnancy!  I mean you are just filled out everywhere and she just has a little bump! " Way to make me feel good :(  She is the only person who commented on my size at all.  She just kept saying" oh my gosh look how big you are", and "oh my you are huge!"  I guess if only one person said anything, I should be happy.  Everyone else was really supportive and nobody touched my belly :)  We had a great shower and baby has  alot of nice new things.  I really can' t complain

edited for spelling :P

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

Re: More of the things people say!

• Options
    Some people are just tactless.  So you have a different body type and that's fine. Remember your body is housing that little baby and that's its job right now. Many times people don't realize how hurtful a comment can be. Try to brush it off and know your body is doing a beautiful job growing that bebe!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like she doesn't have a filter at all.  :P

I am sorry you had to endure that. 

I am glad the shower went well, though! 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice: