Babies on the Brain
Options

Re: .

• Options
    EEY0RE9EEY0RE9 member
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    LOL. What the hell happened over here? Fastest DD ever??
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got so excited to see a period subject this morning and it sounds like it could have been a good one.
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    I am someone with anxiety issues to the point of being unable to leave the house without DH sometimes. I have supportive friends and family who are excited for us to start TTC. I don't think it will make me a bad mother.
    Sounds like OP was a wonderful friend.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options
    Wish I'd've gotten to read the original post.  :( 

What you say to someone in that position is, "Good luck to you guys!  After the baby's here, if you need anything, I'm here!" like a FRIEND.

• Options
    Basically, her friend who has anxiety/depression is TTC and OP doesn't agree. And what can she say to her?!
    What ?  Dear Lord, OP what is wrong with you ?  You are a terrible person.  
  • Options
    I actually read it this morning before it turned into the period post and didn't comment because I was sure I was dreaming it.
    It's nobody's place to tell someone they shouldn't TTC, especially if you're supposedly her friend! 
    mnicolew said:
    Wish I'd've gotten to read the original post.  :( 

What you say to someone in that position is, "Good luck to you guys!  After the baby's here, if you need anything, I'm here!" like a FRIEND.

If you really feel like it's your responsibility to get involved this would be the best way to go! 
    My family so far!
    Peace, love, and happiness

• Options
    Damn, someone call CPS and have my kids taken away.  Not only did I TTC and have kids while on Zoloft for anxiety but I probably passed my crappy genes onto them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kristinmo said:

Damn, someone call CPS and have my kids taken away.  Not only did I TTC and have kids while on Zoloft for anxiety but I probably passed my crappy genes onto them.

At least your crappy genes make super cute kids.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    It's kind of harsh, but at the same time, I know several ppl who's parents suffered from anxiety/depression before they were born and killed themselves when they were just kids. Now their kids are in therapy because they have anxiety/depression, some of them want to kill themselves. It's a valid concern, but whatcha gonna do bout it
  • Options
    I never saw the original post, but I would try not judging someone who is dealing with depression/anxiety.  If you have never dealt with it, you have no idea how hard it is and what it is like.  You also don't know if you could be faced with it one day!  The first 26 years of my life I had no clue what any of that was like, but had my son and got debilitating PPD/PPA.  You can't control it, it happens to 1 in 8 women.  Now, I am on a low dose of meds and seeking therapy once a month.  I've had a rough few years, but feel great now!  
    I have also always longed for 2 children, and I plan on TTC for #2 in April.  I'm not going to let the fact that I was dealt that hand, keep me from completing my family.  Just because I use meds doesn't make me crazy, check your facts.  I'm a good mother who cares for her child, works full time and helps run a household.  
    Shame on you for judging moms like me...thinking you know better than I do!  I hope your friend finds out your true colors, and finds another friend to be close with before being pregnant and having a baby!  
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    Obviously the original post is gone, so i dont know exactly what was said. I also don't know OP personally, or the friend she's talking about and just how depressed she is. MAYBE OP really was thinking of her friend's best interest and wanted her to be more mentally healthy before adding the stress that comes with taking care of a baby. OR maybe (and probably most likely) op is just a bit ignorant about mental health issues. idk i'm just saying maybe she doesnt deserve to be called a terrible friend
    and since she deleted her post, i'm assuming she realized she shouldn't be telling her friend when to TTC
  • Options
    LimaD said:
    Obviously the original post is gone, so i dont know exactly what was said. I also don't know OP personally, or the friend she's talking about and just how depressed she is. MAYBE OP really was thinking of her friend's best interest and wanted her to be more mentally healthy before adding the stress that comes with taking care of a baby. OR maybe (and probably most likely) op is just a bit ignorant about mental health issues. idk i'm just saying maybe she doesnt deserve to be called a terrible friend
    and since she deleted her post, i'm assuming she realized she shouldn't be telling her friend when to TTC
    Or, more likely, she deleted because nobody agreed with her ignorant opinion.

lol yes that's true. but ignorance =/= horrible person.
    I struggled with depression in the past, but I don't expect everyone to understand it. Obviously OP was wrong, i just don't know how she meant it (was she really trying to look out for her friend, or judging and sticking her nose where it doesn't belong)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"