August 2013 Moms
Options

"Sleep series" set of articles about infants

Someone I know shared this "sleep series" of articles from Psychology Today that I found especially interesting as DS doesn't sttn. It also made me feel even more comfortable with some of our choices, like co-sleeping. Just thought I'd share.

https://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201301/baby-sleep-training-mistakes-experts-and-parents-make

Re: "Sleep series" set of articles about infants

• Options
    Thanks....gonna read through it more tomorrow....great articles though

• Options
    Read through the first few.. Thanks! This was particularly helpful tonight as LO won't let me put him down ;-)
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since we've been up every 2 hours so far tonight maybe I'll get through them all by the morning.

Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    You're all welcome. :)
  • Options
    Can't wait to read as we co-sleep and don't have even close to STTN! :-)
  • Options
    ludali said:

Can't wait to read as we co-sleep and don't have even close to STTN! :-)

We also cosleep and get up every two hours, lol. :)
  • Options
    It feels good to read words like "breastfed babies tend to wake more" and "this is normal".  Sometimes I just feel like I am doing something wrong and I no longer even mention the fact that we are not STTN so I do not get ridiculed IRL.  Maybe this generation of mothers can help people understand that its ok to get up with your baby and you are not spoiling them in any way.  You are actually helping them.

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for the articles. I recently saw some statistic that said something like 65% of 6 month olds are not STTN. With this number and all the tired A13 moms, I would like to know where everyone else gets the idea that these babies SHOULD be sleeping through by now.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for this. I think it will be more helpful for DH. He is constantly asking me "What are we doing wrong?" since DD wakes every 2 hours and has since birth. 

• Options

Thanks for the articles. I recently saw some statistic that said something like 65% of 6 month olds are not STTN. With this number and all the tired A13 moms, I would like to know where everyone else gets the idea that these babies SHOULD be sleeping through by now.

That's really interesting! I never heard that stat, but I could use it when my IL's ask again why DS isn't sttn. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing! LO is up a lot at night, but since we co-sleep I don't really bother counting. He's usually back asleep in a matter of minutes. My mom, and others, ask regularly if he is STTN. It has made me question whether I am doing something wrong. Good to know I am not alone, and it's normal. I do wish I could put LO in his crib at night, without me having to go to bed with him... I can't get him down other than for a little "nap". I don't want to go to bed at 9.. but I don't know what else to do!
  • Options
    I love this! Thank you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"