Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Beans

How did you feed beans to your child for the first time?  Which kind did you try first?  I was thinking I would feed my LO cooked black beans tomorrow and feed them to her whole; we do BLW for the most part.  Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.  Not sure why this one is making me double guess myself.

Re: Beans

• Options
    We purred them
  • Options
    We started with black beans IIRC, because that's mostly what we eat. In the very beginning I would just smush them a little with my finger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

• Options
    My guy loves black bean soup, which I just mush up black beans to make.  He's 10 months.
  • Options
    We also do blw. I just give blk beans whole but if they look to big for your lo trying cutting them in half at first.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We did BLW and beans were and still are a favorite snack.  I use a can of reduced sodium black beans or pinto beans (I think pinto beans are favored over black beans) and I rinse them really well under hot water and serve them as is. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #1 DS born 10/16/12 at 39w6d
    BFP #2 DD lost 11/17/14 at 17w2d
  • Options
    We had chili this week and E loved the meat and kidney beans.  I just rinsed his in the strainer to take off all the spices and cool it down for him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"