November 2012 Moms
Options

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shella923shella923 member
edited February 2014 in November 2012 Moms
M has been SCREAMING for 30 minutes for her pacifier.  I know that's why, even though she hasn't said the word (tete).  We only had two left, and upon inspection I saw that one of them was missing some of the silicone from her chewing on it.  So I said done.  Holy shit, this is fucking hard.  But if I give in now.....I tried soothing her, rocking her, but all she did was thrash around.  It was quite the scene.  I also want to do it today because DH is snowboarding and won't come home til late...he would have given in by now. I feel so mean for letting her get so upset. :((((

Edit: As soon as I posted this she knocked out.  But I'd like to read about what you did to get rid of the paci. 

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    So glad she fell asleep!  I wish I had some advice for you (DD never took a paci).  I'm glad you stayed strong though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Give her one with a hole in it. It won't suck like she is use to and she might decided she's done. That's what my mom did for my little sister. N spontaneously gave up a paci on his own at about 7 months so I didn't have to go through this. Good luck.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tngrl13 I read that somewhere else...will try that if the screaming continues.  ugh.
  • Options
    We are still using the pacifier. The plan is to ditch it by 18 months. She mainly uses it at night (she cries out a lot right now and I really don't want her start thumb sucking). When are you supposed to ditch it (provided you used one to begin with)?
  • Options
    @maven212 My dr said 18 mos so youre fine!!!
  • Options
    mrscutforthmrscutforth member
    edited February 2014
    Zane only ever took a paci at bed time after he ate and didn't want it at 6 months. I have the wubbanubs in his toy box but he doesn't or hasn't ever tried to use them. I was pretty lucky with his paci stint. Same thing happened when I wanted to put him in his crib in his room. One night I tried to rock him, he was about 10 months and he fought me. I stuck him in there after his bottle and he cried but I didn't want him fighting me either. He's now in his room full time and it takes him all of 2 min or less to get comfy and fall asleep. Again pretty lucky. And last but not least he weaned himself from his bottles. He had been sick for a few weeks and wasn't wanting his bottles with milk, so I gave him his straw cups. And boom! No fight there.
    I'm so hoping the next baby will be this easy with the giving up/ weaning the paci, bottle, and night routine. I should only be so lucky.

Eta: sorry about the brag.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Options
    @mrscutforth that was truly brag worthy!!! ;)
  • Options
    lanea8712lanea8712 member
    edited February 2014
    A never took to a paci. When he wakes at night if I give it to him he'd get mad and throw it lol. There's times I wish he'd have taken it, but now I'm glad it's something I don't have to break him of. Bottles has been noo fun, so I gave up for a lil until we are moved!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @lanea8712 Pacifiers are a blessing AND a curse, for sure!!!! Trying to get her to go to bed...
  • Options
    @katiemay8979 pretty much it was limited to sleeping unless she found one somewhere. But she has been chewing on them which is why I found one torn up. Sigh. If it was the cure all to sleep issues I'd keep it longer but it's really not, plus I fear her swallowing a piece. :(
  • Options
    we do crib and carseat but she doesnt really use it in the car.  I plan to try and wean at 18 mo but maybe later bc she still takes a bottle before bed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"