November 2012 Moms

Goldfish

If I say this word, LO comes running from where ever she is and starts pointing and jumping up and down. She is nuts for goldfish crackers.

I, on the other hand, a not so fussy about the salt. She has a big thing for canned black olives as well, which are lightly brined..but still salty. She gets a few of those most days. She also gets a bit of cheese in eggs many days. Since I've been working double time the last two weeks, we've had a few pizzas, pasta dishes with canned sauce. Throw goldfish into her day and she is taking in more sodium than I am comfortable with (nevermind that before she was born my life seemed to be an endless series of salads, labour intensive home cooked meals and sushi plates - since we moved, everything I eat seems to come out of a box).

I'm going to  get back to healthier food this next week - but in the meantime, does anyone have a low salt goldfish option? I was thinking of trying those duck things at Harris Teeters.

Re: Goldfish

• I honestly do not know if they are any better with the salt, but DS and I will occasionally share a bag of mini-pretzels. He loves pretzels and animal crackers. Today I grabbed a bag of Brothers-All-Natural fruit crisps while waiting in line at a convenient store, and DS devoured them. There's no added sugar, no sodium, gluten-free, etc. I was shocked though how quickly he ate the bag!
  • DD loves graham crackers and cheerios.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • H loves the Annie's Naturals bunny grahams and graham crackers.  I've given him low-sodium wheat thins, which he really seems to enjoy.  He also likes goldfish and other salty stuff; we try to keep it under control.

image   My chart 

• I guess I just never thought.about it...bad mom alert? Haha. I figure there are worse things for her. She eats them at daycare daily and sometimes at home on weekends, but its.not like we go through a bag a day or anything.
  • I bought some veggie crackers at BRU. They are organic and not too bad with salt.

V loves goldfish too!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• They have low sodium goldfish

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I try to find low sodium snacks as well.
    I'm not big on it for myself, and rarely add salt when I cook.

We actually eat a lot of fruit. DS would eat crackers and cheese, but put the fruit plate out and he devours it.

I haven't really bought low sodium crackers of any sort. And I've neglected to buy goldfish. MIL probably has a cupboard full of salty, high fat foods for DS.

:(

• If I say this word, LO comes running from where ever she is and starts pointing and jumping up and down. She is nuts for goldfish crackers.

I, on the other hand, a not so fussy about the salt. She has a big thing for canned black olives as well, which are lightly brined..but still salty. She gets a few of those most days. She also gets a bit of cheese in eggs many days. Since I've been working double time the last two weeks, we've had a few pizzas, pasta dishes with canned sauce. Throw goldfish into her day and she is taking in more sodium than I am comfortable with (nevermind that before she was born my life seemed to be an endless series of salads, labour intensive home cooked meals and sushi plates - since we moved, everything I eat seems to come out of a box).

I'm going to  get back to healthier food this next week - but in the meantime, does anyone have a low salt goldfish option? I was thinking of trying those duck things at Harris Teeters.

They have low sodium goldfish
    I've never seen them. I'll cruise the online shops and see if I can get some. We were getting the whole grain ones, but I think the nutritional benefit there is pretty minimal.

The saltiness never really occurred to  me until she was constipated after a particularly goldfish heavy day.
  • Not sure about salt but in addition to goldfish Sean loves pirates booty
    I'm so going to try this. That used to be my favourite drunk food.
  • What is pirates booty?? I've never heard of that
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kmartinrvt13 It's puffed corn-based snack that's mixed with veggies. It's like veggie straws with less oil and salt. I used to get this kind with Einstein on the front of the package - white cheddar puffs, or something like that. It's amazing!

I used to find it in every deli and grocery store in the NE. Not sure what the distribution is like.
  • we do Annies bunny cheddar crackers and grahams.  She also loves flax seed crackers from costco (which are salty) with hummus
  • good for you for noticing!

cheerios, mum-mums are our regulars, and occasionally I'll let her have graham crackers.

tho my kid loves olives! 

• Low salt? what? :) Z has become a Ritz cracker addict. he learned to say cracker and now uses it for everything. he will have a full on fit throwing session if he see's the ritz and doesn't get any. I think he has a sodium deficiency :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I found these at Babies R Us the other day and am giving them a try. They have no added sodium! They are a little pricy but they are on sale right now. They also have banana, carrot, and apple.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • tngrl3 Those look amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"