February 2014 Moms
Options

Feeling defeated

I woke up around 2 AM with contractions. Very painful!! I left for l&d around 6. Was 2 cm when they checked me. Walked the halls and labored hard for another 3 hours there only to be sent home cause they had no room for me. I continued to labor at home in tons of pain. Went to the dr office at 1 and was 3 cm but they told me to go home. At this point I'm exhausted cause I haven't slept, my parents brought dinner over and came to pick up DS for the night thinking we would be going back in. Then all of the sudden the contractions STOPPED! I was able to sleep which was great but woke up and started sobbing. Why would I have just dealt with 17+ hours of labor and for basically nothing?!? False labor my ASS! I could use some T&P's please :( feeling so down!

Re: Feeling defeated

• Options
    I'm so sorry! Lots of hugs to you.
  • Options
    Hugs! It sucks! I did it the Saturday before LO was born...had to waste a call in and everything for work :(

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Huge hugs! I had a few bouts of this too. But know that those contractions were doing something, dilation isn't the only thing they accomplish. So your body is preparing and fingers crossed when it's really show time that it's just that much shorter!
  • Options
    Sending lots of ((hugs))!! Hang in there!
  • Options
    Hang in there this exact thing happened to me!!! Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning I had contractions 6 minutes apart and came to the hospital and was still at 1 cm. They sent me home. Contractions started back up Wednesday at 3 pm...went back to the hospital at 7 pm and was at 3 cm so they admitted me and I had my baby at 12:21 Thursday morning.
  • Options
    It'll be over soon! ((Hugs))
    Married July 2008
    IVF started Jan. 2013, 14 retrieved, 9 mature, 6 fertilized
    BFP #1: 3/18/13 MMC at 5 weeks
    BFP #2: 6/10/13  Thank God for our precious daughter! She's more than I could have asked for!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    That sucks! Here's hoping the real deal starts/continues soon!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    The same thing happened to me it was awful, but LO will be here before you know it .

BFP #1 11/01/12 M/C 12/22/12 @11w4d

BFP #2 06/04/13 DS born 02/08/14

• Options
    Ugh, that sounds awful! So sorry! Hopefully your LO is here before you know it.

Baby GIRL K is on the way! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry lots of hugs.
  • Options
    I am sorry for the frustration, but dont feel defeated. Its hard when you get your hopes up, but your body and LO are working toward the same goal!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    Thanks everyone for your support! I got some sleep and feel better today. I had a long 34 hour labor with DS so I guess my body is not meant for having a quick easy labor. Things seem to be moving in the right direction, bloody show this AM. Hopefully not too much longer!!
  • Options
    Oh it will be soon!!! Good luck mama @AKAP2010
  • Options
    Wow I've never even heard of this happening. I'm so sorry for your frustrating experience but thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    GL and keep us posted!!
    And then there were three...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"