February 2013 Moms
Options

Hot date! **Wining edition/Update**

DublinMamaDublinMama member
edited February 2014 in February 2013 Moms
With my box o' merlot and my Netflix account! DS is in bed after an exorcism worthy meltdown, DH is at work. I'm in my fleece pajamas with no intention to doing anything to sexy up for DH's 12 a.m. arrival home.  Happy Valentine's Day to me!

@drea926 had the stellar idea to turn this into a impromptu Bump Party like thread for those of us chilling out on V-Day. So come one, come all!

Re: Hot date! **Wining edition/Update**

• Options
    Drea926Drea926 member
    edited February 2014
    I'm actually with you!

Got a box of pinot noir open and a frozen pizza in the oven. I'm in my neon, polka-dot fleece bathrobe. DH is picking MIL up from the airport tonight so I'll be on my own for a while. 

Will you be my Valentine Dubs?

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    I absolutely will! I had frozen pizza, too! Haha. We're soul mates for sure!
    :x
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Of course we are! What are you Netflixing? I'm watching Ghost. I love Patrick Swayze...RIP!

• Options
    I am watching a show called Disappeared. It's a missing persons show, basically. I love it, but hate it at the same time because it sort of freaks me out when I am home alone lol! Dirty Dancing is a classic. I just saw the SNL skit with Chris Farley and P-Swayz the other day and thought how sad it was that they were both gone.

Let's get happy! lol What is your favorite kind of pizza? I actually like spinach on mine, and black olives. I'm more a veggie pizza girl than meat.

• Options
    I love all pizza, but I'm actually eating a spinach and feta one now! Yeah Paul Newman!

• Options
    Mmmm feta. I can put a Greek salad back like no other.  But I don't like ricotta cheese. Random fact for the day lol.
  • Options
    I LOVE ricotta. I'm half Italian though - I better. 

Going back to Swayze....when I watched Dirty Dancing for the first time, I had the feelings like crazy. He totally taught me about sex. 

From then on I was no longer interested in any boy my age. I wanted all man.

• Options
    I actually distinctly remember seeing that movie for the first time. We were in the den of my childhood house. I love the soundtrack. Who doesn't?? He was crazy sexy in that movie.  I have always loved a man that could dance. I don't mean just winging it on the dance floor, but really dance with me. DH tries. But it generally looks like this:
  • Options
    I wish I was a good dancer....this is what *I* look like

• Options
    Interesting fact though: DH and I took waltz lessons for our wedding and the teacher asked if she could videotape us for her website because we had such a nice partnership!

• Options
    Hahahaha. I bet you got some sweet moves! Also, I love how we are the only ones in this thread lmao.
  • Options
    I know! Haha! I don't care.

• Options
    Dubs, I'm so grateful for The Bump because it brought me to you! 

I haven't even finished one glass of wine yet. Can you tell I've been sick and haven't been wining? 

• Options
    After 2 1/2 days of closed daycare and trying to work every waking hour my kids are not awake to make up for it, I am working more tonight - happy valentine's day!  This is all to say that I will absolutely be checking into this thread and enjoying your gif extravaganza!!! :)

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    Drea926 said:
    I know! Haha! I don't care.

What's funny is this is exactly how i would react if i saw Sarah Paulson

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    I'm so pumped for the birthday party tomorrow!!

My MIL is staying over for 3 nights though....there will be wine!!

She's a lovely, sweet woman, but can be a lot take at once. She's one of those people who will talk non-stop and is a pretty messy houseguest. But I suppose there are worse things!

• Options
    @TeacherClark when is your girls' party? Do they have similar birthdays?

• Options
    We're awesome.
    Drea926 said:
    Dubs, I'm so grateful for The Bump because it brought me to you! 

I haven't even finished one glass of wine yet. Can you tell I've been sick and haven't been wining? 
    I have been cutting back big time this week, too! Tonight is my first glass in a week and a half. I don't drink when Jax is sick.  Then I got sick. But now everyone is well! Including you!
  • Options
    We have triplets this year and they gave all of us teachers dark chocolate peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's. And nail files too, lol. The chocolates are AWESOME!

I don't know how the mother of these kids did it. Triplets - damn! And they are all super nice, smart, hardworking, sweet, the works. Whoa.

• Options
    DD1 turned four 6 days after DD2 was born. Ellie turned 1 this past Tuesday and Macie turns 5 on Monday. We are having a huge party for them on Sunday. We haven't had a big party since Macie turned 1.
    How fun! Did you plan them so close? The only reason I ask, is because I pretty much plan on doing the exact spacing you've done, lol.

• Options
    I do well for myself dancing until I have one too many...then it starts to get sloppy...

Well, maybe minus the boob licking...maybe...
  • Options
    One night DH and I were taking a bubble bath, having vino and talking about his brother's/my friend's relationship and this is all I could think of

• Options
    Drea926 said:
    I'm so pumped for the birthday party tomorrow!!

My MIL is staying over for 3 nights though....there will be wine!!

She's a lovely, sweet woman, but can be a lot take at once. She's one of those people who will talk non-stop and is a pretty messy houseguest. But I suppose there are worse things!
    Yeah, that sounds like it has pinot noir written all over it lol. That's how it is when FIL comes. He talks, well, mostly complains very aggressively about ev-er-ything and anything. I am fairly confident he thinks I am an alcoholic bc every time he comes over I go four glasses deep.
  • Options
    Haha, the boob licking may or may not have happened in my college years too. Dubs, I was talking with a colleague today about your "fantastic" administrative support. He couldn't figure out why so many teachers leave the field in the first 5 years.
    To be clear, I'm loving the boob licking...not the awful administration.

• Options
    Haha, the boob licking may or may not have happened in my college years too. Dubs, I was talking with a colleague today about your "fantastic" administrative support. He couldn't figure out why so many teachers leave the field in the first 5 years.
    It's so sad. I found out this week he has been hiding behavior write ups myself and staff have been filing on one of my students. They are supposed to get filed with the superintendent's office. He has been conveniently keeping them in his office, where no one can refer to them. So we've had to start making copies before we hand them in to him. I got kicked in the leg two weeks ago, and he tried to tell me I was not allowed to fill out a staff accident report on it. Say what, now?
  • Options
    It's so sad. I found out this week he has been hiding behavior write ups myself and staff have been filing on one of my students. They are supposed to get filed with the superintendent's office. He has been conveniently keeping them in his office, where no one can refer to them. So we've had to start making copies before we hand them in to him. I got kicked in the leg two weeks ago, and he tried to tell me I was not allowed to fill out a staff accident report on it. Say what, now?
    You're looking around for other jobs right? For serious? Like, I'm not just saying that because I want you to move back to Massachusetts.

• Options
    Drea926 said:
    You're looking around for other jobs right? For serious? Like, I'm not just saying that because I want you to move back to Massachusetts.
    I surely am!!!!
  • Options
    Oh, it would for sure be better pay. I'm under contract right now, so it is unlikely I would be let out of it during the middle of the year. Not many teaching jobs open up mid-year, anyway, unless something tragic happens. I wouldn't apply for long term sub jobs, because I carry our health insurance and most LTS don't get it.  It also isn't a guaranteed spot. In April and all spring and summer districts will typically post their openings and I will be all over them like white on rice. Believe it.
  • Options
    That's the great thing about teaching, you know the year is only so long and when April comes you can make it through almost anything! Hang in there and stock up on some good vino to get you through ;)
  • Options
    Why is wine so good?

• Options
    Drea926 said:
    Why is wine so good?
    That's like trying to answer how many stars are there in the sky? It's just too big and infinite to fully comprehend.
  • Options
    Drea926 said:
    Why is wine so good?
    That's like trying to answer how many stars are there in the sky? It's just too big and infinite to fully comprehend.
    I know. I just. I missed it so!

• Options
    I ate the whole frozen pizza and countless chocolates. There goes the 2 pounds I lost when I was sick. Damn.

• Options
    Ahh! I hear my family approaching! 

• Options
    @tarheelmama202...where you at, girl? Come on out and sip with us!

We didn't do an FFFC today, but I have one:

We were actually out of wine earlier. I thought DH would get back from the gym in time for me to run out and get some, but he had to leave for work right when he got back.  I was agitated. I'm also stubborn. So believe that I put my son in a coat, with his Christmas themed foot pjs still on and went to Wal-Mart. This also involved shoveling off my car and part of the driveway because we got almost a foot of snow last night. I didn't care. I had been looking forward to a glass all day! I also got sippy cups and aluminum foil, so it wasn't entirely an booze run...

• Options
    Today was payday and I just realized that despite my love for both pizza and valentines day, I've never had a heart shaped pizza. I'm gonna order one. And no man will stop me!

• Options
    Seeca022 said:
    DH is sick... He was supposed to be working tonight and then his time got changed to 8-6 (he is a Police Officer) so I got all excited we would actually have dinner together to I went yesterday and bought fresh salmon and scallops, asparagus, sweet potatoes and a mini valentines cake from the bakery. DH wakes up with a stomach bug. Totally not his fault but I'm irrationally annoyed. He is currently in bed and has been in bed since 8... I ate a really big piece of that cake for dinner.....
    Cake for dinner is the dinner of champions.

• Options
    DC2London said:
    HouseofCardsHouseofCardsHouseofCardsHouseofCardsHouseofCards
    LOVED season 1! Can't wait to start season 2!

• Options
    I have been on pretty much an all Samoas diet until I ate the last one today. For reals.
  • Options
    I have been on pretty much an all Samoas diet until I ate the last one today. For reals.
    This is my first year not teaching or nannying school age children. I totally missed out on girl scout cookies and all your Samoas posts are making me super jealousss, Dubs.
    I was a tool and only ordered two boxes. Although I'm sure my blood sugar levels are thanking me for that at this point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"