August 2011 Moms
Options

Potty Training check in!

Any new updates in the PTing world!?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Potty Training check in!

• Options
    We are nowhere.  Every time we suggest she give it a try (which isn't that often or consistent, usually before a bath), she says no thank you.  We really aren't pushing it.

On Christmas Eve, I was in the shower and DD was taking off her socks so she could get in with me.  When I got out of the shower something smelled funny.  She had pooped in the potty before she got in the shower and never said anything!

That is the ONLY time she has gone on the potty.  Ever.  When I didn't suggest it.  LOL.

This past week, she has suddenly decided she wants to go to the potty whenever we are at my parents house.  She gets very insistent.  So I put her on there and she doesn't go.  But she announces to everyone that she used the potty.

Anyway, sorry for my novel! I'm not pushing the issue, I'm fine with her staying in diapers for a while longer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Maybe you should send her to your parents for the weekend! LOL! ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lincoln was pottying at least once a day but now acts terrified.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Um...I got him to sit on the potty twice one day after bribing him with candy. Otherwise, he has vehemently refused anything to do with the potty. He also runs away and screams if I mention changing his diaper.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We got lucky that DD was SUPER interested in potty training. It has been quite the journey, but she is now fully trained.  We still struggle with pooping a bit, but almost have that mastered.  We just switched DD to sleeping at night without a pull up and so far so good.  While DD#2 is only 4 weeks old, I'm dreading potty training her.  I'm pretty sure she will be a nightmare b/c overall DD#1 was much easier than I anticipated and I don't think I'll hit gold twice. 
  • Options
    He likes to sit on his potty but still keep his pants and diaper on.  I don't see us really trying to PT for awhile longer

• Options
    He will go pee if I put him on his potty but I haven't put a lot if effort into it yet. I usually take him every diaper change. I should probably step it up a bit, he starts preschool in September and has to be fully trained.
  • Options
    After a little over one week without any accidents, I was ready to do the potty training victory dance. Then Saturday DD2 peed AND pooped her pants (not at the same time though - so we got to clean her up twice) then Sunday morning she peed her pants again. ugh.

As for night time, I am fairly certain she is ready to go. My only concern is that she currently sleeps sprawled half over her bed, half over her sister's. So if she has a night-time accident, I would have to wash both sets of sheets as well as the ones we have bundled up in the "crack" between the beds, wake up DD1 and well, I'm just not feeling up for it. Someday, when she sleeps in her own bed again, we'll try.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Madame Ha - DD has been potty trained since November and still has random poop and pee accidents ... Go ahead do the VICTORY DANCE!!! Woot woot!
  • Options
    Do I even mention that my kid essentially potty trained himself.  I take NO credit and I'm sure it means that Gray will be pooping his pants until he is 6.  He's pretty consistent with staying dry at naps but I have no idea how to tackle night time.  Since he kind of led the way on day time training, I am just going to let the nights be for awhile.  I don't want to mess anything up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Options
    Madame Ha - DD has been potty trained since November and still has random poop and pee accidents ... Go ahead do the VICTORY DANCE!!! Woot woot!
    I don't mind the random accident - but that was 3 accidents without a 24 hour span. Booo. But hey - we're definitely headed in the right direction :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lurker...

We started the 3 day method in January with DS1. He did really well and now wears undies here at home during the day.

I still put him in a pull up when we are out and about. He's a little scared of public toilets, if it's not busy he will usually go.

He still has some accidents. Especially when he's really interested in a project or a toy.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"