August 2014 Moms
Options

Fre Wine

I'm in a wedding this weekend and was looking into wine to toast with. Has anybody heard of the Fre wines? They're supposed to be alcohol free but I think they may have .05% of alcohol left or a very small amount. What is your opinion of that? It would be nice to have a glass of Fre Moscato at the wedding.

Here is the website. I'm mobile and couldn't get to their FAQ page.

https://www.frewines.com
TTC since 11/1/12
BFP 1/2/13
Ultrasound showed no heartbeat 2/14/13
BFP 12/7/13
EDD 8/18/14
1st Beta 89, 2nd Beta 214
Stick Baby Stick!!!

Re: Fre Wine

• Options
    I drank Fre wine during Christmas and New Years. It's totally fine - there's basically no alcohol in it. Enjoy the wedding!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • Options
    I have had the FRE chardoenney and the merlot.  I had this during the holidays so it looked like I was drinking wine without having the alcohol.  It's not as good as wine, but it does have a lot of flavor and a very good substitute in my book.  I know opinions will vary but I consider .05% to be alchol free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I drink Fre wine whenever I have an event, it tastes just like real wine so you don't feel like you are missing out 1 bit!
    ashlou
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks ladies, I finally got to a computer and their faq said that less than one half of a percent is like leaving out a glass of orange juice overnight. So I will enjoy my Moscato at the wedding. Thanks again :)

ETA: damn autocorrect lol
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
  • Options
    Yes! Very good! Try the Moscato!

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

• Options
    I have had the Fre Merlot, Ariel red and the Fre Brut. It's okay...I thought I would be drinking it regularly at events or whenever I was craving a glass of wine, but it really doesn't do the trick for me. All of them are defintiely sweeter than real wines. So if you like sweet wine, it would probably be a good replacement for you. I've decided I'd rather indulge in the real thing on occassion. Having my first glass of real wine tonight...can't wait!

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Options
    mislogismislogis member
    edited February 2014
    I've been drinking them regularly since 2nd tri. ;) the moscato is very sweet. The merlot is actually pretty good. The Chardonnay is good on ice, not as good warm (the ice takes the sweet down a bit) I've only tasted those 3 so far. Target carries them for 6.99

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Notchotchke you might want to check at a couple local stores anyway. I used the store finder thingy and it said nobody in our area carries it, but when I asked the guy at Kroger (our grocery store) he walked me right over to it and they had all the "flavors".
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • Options
    My local store has the chard and the red blend. I did not like the red blend at all, but the chard wasn't bad. Fre is a little sweet for me when it comes to whites, but it does the trick I guess.

Anyone have advice on NA beer?? I usually try to stick with Gluten free beer in general and then treat myself to the occasional Blue Point or Guinness but at this point all I want is a bottle of something!! Any NA beer reccommendations??
  • Options
    I had it my last pregnancy. I thought it was awful. I threw it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Options
    I have a bottle of unopened FRE that I bought a few months ago. For some reason, the thought of trying it makes me feel ill. I had some sickeningly sweet grape soda early on in my pregnancy  when I was trying to fool friends into thinking I was drinking and now I am afraid of trying this and having it be awful. Blah, maybe I will get brave. I did enjoy a tiny amount of real wine tonight to go with my St. Valentine's day dinner...
    :x

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Options
    I have tried a few types..but havent seen moscato! Ill need to look for it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'll let y'all know how it tastes!
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
  • Options
    HeatherHam10HeatherHam10 member
    edited February 2014
    I just drank FRE merlot last night. I think its perfectly fine and a better alternative than sparkling grape juice. My dr told me 2 glasses of regular wine a month is fine too...i have yet to try it. Ive also tried the moscato and its not too bad!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I tried the FRE Moscato on New Years Eve and hated it :( it didn't taste like any Mosato I like. Hopefully it will satisfy your craving though!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    overpriced grape juice, IMO, nothing like real wine. i'm in the camp that believes an occasional drink during pregnancy is safe, and i'd rather have a small glass of the real stuff than an entire bottle of the fake.

I like yarn: Learner's Per-knit

Preggo blog: There's No D#$% Stork
  • Options
    PecanSam said:

I had it my last pregnancy. I thought it was awful. I threw it out.

Agreed. Way too sweet and tastes nothing like wine. With DS I had a small glass of the real thing once a week or once every two weeks after the first trimester and plan to do the same this time.

• Options
    Since I like dry wines the FRE wasn't for me. I much more prefer the NA beers. O'douls makes an amber that is pretty decent. And my husband always brings it to me in a frosty mug :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"