July 2014 Moms
Options

*UPDATE* Thoughts and prayers needed... NBR

Re: *UPDATE* Thoughts and prayers needed... NBR

• Options
    How scary... Thoughts and prayers for your family and little boy.

DH: 39 Me: 38
    DD 6.14.14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thinking of you and your lil fellow!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very frightening. I'm sorry you have to go through this, seizures are scary, no matter the age, but I can't even imagine how much worse it is on you and him. Not knowing what to do, and he probably doesn't understand. I hope you get some positive news when you go in, or they're at least able to get some results so you can know how to handle the situation. Again, I'm so sorry you are going through this, I wish I had advice or some other way to help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry! I hope you get some answers, but I don't want you to panic! My brother is epileptic and the focal seizures were always the scariest. He treats them with daily medication and lives a perfectly normal life! I'm praying for your little guy!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • Options
    Praying
  • Options
    Poor, sweet baby! I sure do hope you get some answers soon. I know it must be terrifying for you. It made my heart hurt just to read. T&P's for you and that sweet baby boy! Please stay strong and keep us updated.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Aww poor guy. Prayers sent your way. Hang in there, this must be such a terrifying time for you.
  • Options
    Keeping you and your little man in my thoughts
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    You are such a strong momma for your little one. I hope you get answers soon. You and your family be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for your little guy.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your poor little one.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This must be frightening! Sending prayers for that little cutie!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for all of the kind words... It means so much to know all of the thoughts and prayers with my little man. @sweettamale38 We are doing the MRI today under sedation, and then they'll do the EEG after the MRI as he's coming out of it but still drowsy-- basically so he's awake enough to get a good reading, but not awake enough to fight it.

On Monday the tech said that WE should have sedated him before bringing him in. Our pediatrician was so mad that they even suggested this, as he's not okay with sedating a child without properly monitoring their oxygen, etc.

I'll try to update after we get results, hopefully this afternoon.
  • Options
    My thoughts are being sent your way! I'm so sorry for you and your poor baby :( I hope you get some answers
  • Options
    I will be thinking if your little man. Hoping for the best for your family!
    DD1 2012. DD2 2014. #3 Due 7.1.18

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this! My thoughts and prayers are with you, your DH and your little guy!
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry you are going through this. Keep us updated, take care and thoughts are headed your way!

• Options
    Prayers for you and your sweet boy. Hope you get some answers soon, no fun to go through that :(
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Poor baby. praying for you and your baby boy.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. Sending many prayers for you and your LO. I hope they can find some answers
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your baby! I cannot imagine going through that, and I think you are being so strong for him, which is what he needs for sure. On a side note, my dad has seizures and has medication for it, at least for all my life, and he lives a perfectly normal life. The only thing recently is that he cannot drive for the past 2 years until they clear him (which may not happen). Another point to make, my sister (9 years old) just recently had to have an EEG too - I know it is terrible and it was very hard for her (she bounces off the walls). They did tell her basically we will sedate you if you cannot lay still or you can do it on your own, but you only have one shot. We encouraged her to try it out vs being sedated and being groggy all day, she went for it. Obviously you cannot reason with a 21 month year old like this, but my point is I do think they are very very tricky with kids and it was a miracle to get her to lay still. Getting sedated might be an option, not sure... anyway - I hope for the best and will be thinking of you!

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. T&P your way...
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this!  It's sounds scary for you and for your little one, too.  Lots of T's & P's coming your way!!

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    Your poor, sweet little boy. So many prayers for you guys. That must be so hard to see :(
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for your baby boy and family! I hope he is ok!
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thank god for video.. I'm so sorry your family and especially baby boy has to go through this scariness. You're in my thoughts <3
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • Options
    What a scary time for you all.  I hope you get some answers today. 
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    T&P for you and your family. My aunt has had focal seizures her entire life, but was not diagnosed until she was 30, she is now 34. Her episodes weren't as noticeable though so no one ever thought it was anything like that, they just chalked up to her being odd. Hopefully the test today get you results and you are able to get treatment started very soon!
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is terrifying. Prayer already said and I will continue to pray for your little boy and family. Hugs 
    image.
  • Options
    Thinking of you, hope all goes well.
  • Options
    Awwww poor little guy! I'm sending you all the good vibes for answers and an easy fix. ::hugs:: (please give one to LO from me too, he is so adorable).

imageimageimage
  • Options
    prayers for your little boy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • Options
    Sending so many prayers for your little guy!  (((HUGS)))

TTC since October 2012

BFP#1 1/11/13, EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy 

BFP#2 11/12/13, DS born 7/28/14!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chart

Everyone is welcome

• Options
    Oh my, I'm so sorry you all are going through this. I can't imagine. Thinking of you and your little boy. <3

• Options
    Wow, seeing your LO in such a helpless state must be so scary. I hope that the tests today are able to pinpoint the problem, and that it is 100% treatable. T&P's coming your way!
  • Options
    My T's and P's are with you and your family. I'm so very sorry you had a terrible experience with the nursing staff. That's uncalled for.

That being said, my cousin and her husband went through a very similar situation though it was earlier in their child's life. She was diagnosed with infantile spasms (basically infant epilepsy) and underwent some pretty aggressive therapies. Today, you would never know it. She's a healthy, happy six year old with zero developmental delays and zero seizures since the twenty month mark. The doctors say she most likely will never have issues again, but that they have to keep an eye out once she starts going through puberty.

Just saying, there's hope.

IVF1: 2/2/2013 - ectopic
    FET1: 11/13/2013 - BFP! TWINS!
    L U/S: 1/27, Babies measuring 14w3d
    Graduate from RE: 1/27
    EDD: 7/31/2014

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So many prayers for you and your baby boy.

• Options
    Poor little thing! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

* Our IVF Miracle* 
    BFP 10/26/2014
    HB's 138, 176, 148, and 151
  • Options
    I can't imagine how heartbreaking it must've been to hold him down. I am glad that you were able to capture an event on video though to help with his treatment. Your little guy will be in my prayers.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this...I hope you are able to get answers soon! Thoughts for your family!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"