Secondary IF
Options

Help me stay strong!

In the spririt of Valentine's Day, I think I am going to give up the OPKs this month and just take a break. I had a really hard time when I realized this was not our month (I will be 31 in October and had always said I would stop having kids at 30, so I completely missed my self-imposed "deadline"). I had some serious denial and even peed on a stick AFTER AF because I was still feeling phantom symptoms. That took it to a new level of crazy for me and I feel like I have to step back and re-gain my life.

I feel like DH deserves better, and DS does, too. I need to get back to where I was before I got so consumed with 2IF and this is the first month I have really wanted to chill out about it even if that means we miss our chances this month.

I'll still be around, reading and posting because you girls keep me relatively sane. I got rid of the rest of my wondfo HPTs and am going to try to avoid the OPKs. No charting. I am going to try to ignore the 2ww phantom symptoms (I'll need some help there!).

I posted this here because I know you girls will keep me accountable through check-ins and 2ww Tuesdays. E-slap me if I appear to be losing my shit again. Now I'm off to the store with DS to buy DH a valentine from both of us (and plan a special one from just me).

Re: Help me stay strong!

• Options
    Oh girl! I can totally relate to everything you are saying, I remember having that same 30 goal, and I will be 31 on Sat. LOL Now I say well definitely by 35. 

Sometimes we need a mental health break. This 2IF shit is hard! 

Big hugs! 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Big hugs! I have definitely found myself in that exact spot before, and a mental health break is a must. Take time to enjoy life :) easier said that done, I know, but ya gotta try, right?!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    (((HUGS))) to you love... 

• Options
    I love you all so so much. I know that's creepy and Internet weird and all, and I hate that you're all going through this, too- but I'm so glad we all have people to talk to.
  • Options

Oh girl! I can totally relate to everything you are saying, I remember having that same 30 goal, and I will be 31 on Sat. LOL Now I say well definitely by 35. 

Big hugs! 
    Omg yes. Team 35. That's exactly what I said when I realized I wouldn't have 3 kids by 30 years old.
  • Options
    annibes said:

Big hugs! 
    Omg yes. Team 35. That's exactly what I said when I realized I wouldn't have 3 kids by 30 years old.
    Oh! We always said 3 too. Ok team 35! 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sending you big hugs! Hang in there with everything! If it makes you feel any better, I am 40 (eek! When did that happen?!) Seriously, I hope that the break helps and you can enjoy the time with your DH and DS!
  • Options
    I have to say, just posting this gave me some sort of release and the freedom to quit obsessing about finding ways to up our chances this cycle.

DS and I went to the grocery store, made dinner, and enjoyed a yummy Valentine's cake with DH tonight. I even cleaned the kitchen (I think DH was shocked when he got home from work).
  • Options
    Oh @annibes I'm sorry. I'm on a forced break but, I've been just sort of letting it all go. No vitamins, acupuncture, charting, etc. and it is sort of liberating to just chill out and lose the obsession aspect of it all. I really hope you enjoy your break. I often force myself to slow down and focus on other crap- ya know?

We are here for you! <3 and we love you too!

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options
    Oh man, I don't know how you're going to do it, but best of luck and stay strong!  I just turned 31 last weekend and completely feel overwhelmed by my self imposed deadlines.  Just today I mentioned to a good friend that I really want a 2014 baby and she asked why, is it because it's the year of the dragon (or whatever it was).  And I felt really silly because I didn't have a rational answer as to why I want a 2014 baby.  It's the mental hurdles that throw me!  

Good job with getting rid of the hpts and staying away from opks.  I remember for a while when ttc #1, I stopped recording BD because I felt like it was ruling our sex life.  I could never fully give up charting, though.  
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from, this all gets a little overwhelming. I also had "planned" to be done having babies before my 30th birthday. 3 kids by 30 didn't seem like it would be a tall order. That's what I get for planning :)
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Options
    I was 3 kids by 33... unless i get ku'd w twins it aint happening (at this point- it would still be 34 if i got ku'd right this second). Breaks are good! sanity is great!!! But yes, dont go too far!!! :) Have a great Valentines Day!!!! ((hugs)))
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    (((HUGS))) I agree that 2IF is hard! I hope the break is good to you!

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Options
    Good luck! I hope the break is everything you need.
  • Options
    I completely understand this. We did the same thing. I will say I only lasted a month before I was ready to dive in again. But that month was all I needed and I feel like I'm much more sane this time around. Take a break but don't think the break has to be a long time to get something out of it.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! On today's agenda was hide and seek with DS and DH and ice cream even though it was 10 degrees. We made DH stand in line at the year-round ice cream stand.
  • Options
    I'm sorry....I can relate also. My self imposed deadline was 32. Both before we knew there was issues (because of the age gap it would create between kids) and then even more so after. I said if it's not by 32, I will mentally move onto Plan B of a family of 3 (which includes house renovations, travel, you know, all the extra things you can do when you aren't spending loads of $$$ on a tiny person). Well in less than 3 months, I will be 32. We're benched the next months due to dental surgery I'm having so that leaves one chance. And I'm not mentally ready now to move onto Plan B though DH is.
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    DS #1: April 2010
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"