Nurseries and Baby Gear

Anyone with a Beco carrier?

So, my son never really liked carriers. I rarely used a Bjorn and I brought and returned an Ergo.  For me the Ergo was too bulky/big and I live in Florida, so it seemed hot.  I'm not sure if the Beco is lighter weight than the Ergo, but I like the looks of it in photos.  Does anyone have any experience with one?  Soleil or Gemini?  Did you use it during the newborn stage?  Any other carrier recommendations? I'd prefer something that isn't too complicated to put on. Thanks so much!

Re: Anyone with a Beco carrier?

• I've decided on getting a Beco instead of Ergo because I've heard from several people that the straps are more comfortable and it's not as bulky. I'm still debating between the Gemini and Soleil.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • I was thinking of replacing my Ergo from DS1 with a Beco for DS2, mostly because I want the option to carry the baby facing out.  My friend has the Beco Gemini and loves it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought the gemini after selling my ergo.  It was too bulky and my kids like to face out sometimes.  I like how the Beco is easier to put on too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I haven't tried the Soleil but I love my Gemini.  It's so easy to put on and use and easy to switch between my husband and I.  I like the facing out option even though I know it's not ideal for hip development.  We don't overuse it though and I like having the option.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • i registered for the beco gemini based on good reviews and that baby can face forward and back

TTC#2
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love my Soleil . I LOVE it !!!! As far as weight I'm not sure if its heavier or not , i wasn't paying attention to that when i tried my friends ergo . I did however use it during some hot days with little sweating. not sure your going to get away from it since babies sweat like crazy anyway. I love that the straps can cross . I chose the Soleil because it has a wider base which is better on toddlers and older babies and i plan on back carrying rather the forward facing .
  • Do you *have* to have the infant insert with the Soleil or will a blanket work?
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Do you *have* to have the infant insert with the Soleil or will a blanket work?
    No you don't.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12

I tired it with a blanket when my daughter was about 12 lbs and it didnt work at all. there was not enough support and she sat to low. I think it is necessary personally .
  • Thanks for all of the feedback!
  • Love the Gemini. Started using it at about 3w pp if I recall correctly, because I had a c/s and didn't want anything on the incision for awhile. Never used an insert.
  • I have a soliel and used it when he was a newborn with the insert. I think it would be hard without one. I liked it a lot! Now that he is bigger I like my cybex better, but he really doesn't like being worn so I don't use either much
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the Gemini and I love it! It is very easy to put on and doesn't seem bulky like the Ergo I've tried on. It is very comfortable and hasn't seemed overly hot to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • the Beco butterfly is less bulky than the gemini. I know its an older model but I bet you can still find them. Im not sure how the butterfly compares to the soleil tho. I got the butterfly bc they gemini was way thicker and bulkier, and I felt the same about the Ergo. And I knew I wasnt going to use the facing-out carry ever. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• frasey said:
    the Beco butterfly is less bulky than the gemini. I know its an older model but I bet you can still find them. Im not sure how the butterfly compares to the soleil tho. I got the butterfly bc they gemini was way thicker and bulkier, and I felt the same about the Ergo. And I knew I wasnt going to use the facing-out carry ever. 

Thanks for the info!!!
  • I tried out a Becco Gemini carrier in the store this weekend. They gave me a 17 lb weight to try it with and honestly it was so comfortable I could have worn it all day. Also, once you learn how to put it
  • Oops, didn't finish. Once you learn how to put it in and take it off its really quite easy.
  • I love our Gemini, but my son has outgrown it and no longer gets knee to knee coverage.  I tried an Ergo and hated it.  I now have a Lillebaby Complete and it's my favorite of the three.  It combines the best features of the Gemini/Ergo/Soleil in my opinion. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"