May 2014 Moms
Options

Random Thoughts

Most other boards I've been a part of have had a "Random Thoughts" thread.  It's a place for thoughts that don't really deserve their own thread, but don't match other established threads.  I'm snowed in today and not allowed to help with the shoveling, so entertain me with your thoughts/ideas/questions!
Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
 DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Random Thoughts

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    DH and I ate dinosaur chicken nuggets for lunch because we're too lazy to make grown up food.
    We do this more than I'd care to admit.  But I also really like chicken nuggets.  (Ours are mickey mouse shaped)

megmegs said:
    I made a pan of brownies last night and DH ate all of the interior squares, leaving me only edge and corner pieces. I'm much more upset than I should be.
    It sounds like you and i could be perfect brownie buddies.  I love the edges the best.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My MIL wants us to go to a cousins wedding at less than 6 weeks PP with our 1st. She is combining coming into town for the wedding and seeing the baby. I don't want to take my newborn to a huge catholic mass and dance when he's likely going to be attached to my boob, hasn't had his 1st shots yet and DH's 8 aunts and 50 cousins are going to want to pass him around. Yep a random rant- sorry.
  • Options
    BeesKnees181BeesKnees181 member
    edited February 2014

Today I am not doing the fun part of snowmobile training (the actual riding portion) because my Mama Bear instincts have me feeling like that is an unsafe activity for me and the girls right now.  I have also taken to walking down little cross country ski hills instead of skiing down.  Peace of mind is worth it.

I wish I liked veggies as much as I adore white cake and apple fritters these days.

I notice lifting things is getting more and more difficult...even little things like my work bag with the laptop.  I always pride myself on being "tough" and carrying my own weight.  But, this may be just the time to take that down a few notches and accept the help offerred to me.

I had a minor freak out before the shower...something clicked and it all (the being pregnant with twins thing) seemed very real. 

P.S.  I swear I am not in denial ;)

• Options
    ljbreck said:
    My MIL wants us to go to a cousins wedding at less than 6 weeks PP with our 1st. She is combining coming into town for the wedding and seeing the baby. I don't want to take my newborn to a huge catholic mass and dance when he's likely going to be attached to my boob, hasn't had his 1st shots yet and DH's 8 aunts and 50 cousins are going to want to pass him around. Yep a random rant- sorry.
    I don't think that's unreasonable.  Especially with weddings; you're not going to know how you're going to feel at that point and what your baby's schedule is going to be (if there is one at that point).   And it would be unfair to the bride and groom to wish-wash on your RSVP until you had a better idea.  Also, even though your MIL wants you to bring a newborn to the wedding, doesn't mean the bride wants you to.  

If everyone is going to be in town during that time, maybe plan a small get together/lunch with the people on your H's side of the family that you're close to? That way your MIL can be the proud granny without distracting from the wedding party?
  • Options
    megmegs said:

I made a pan of brownies last night and DH ate all of the interior squares, leaving me only edge and corner pieces. I'm much more upset than I should be.

I actually included that I get the centers of brownies in my wedding vows. DH prefers the edges, so I made it sound like I was doing him a favor. ;)
  • Options
    megmegs said:
    Ha - DH eats all of the edge and corner pieces!  I get upset because those are my favorite parts!
  • Options
    megmegs said:

I love the edges and corners! That's why I have an all edges brownie pan!

• Options
    I hate how emotional I've been this pregnancy. Now, I'm not one of those ''blame everything on pregnancy hormones'' kinda girls, but I don't remember feeling like this with DS. I swear I'm either ridiculously angry at stoopid stuff, or down in the dumps for no reason. And I think I've been grouchy at everybody for like two weeks straight. :/ Maybe I just need to make some brownies?!
  • Options
    Brownie edges are the best part, I really want deep dish pizza today which is weird because it isnt something I usually even really like, I am a FTM and am very nervous about not being able to breast feed properly
  • Options
    ArmyMedic7588ArmyMedic7588 member
    edited February 2014
    I think it's funny that I haven't really had a reason to be out of the house in the past few weeks except for physical therapy and army drill.... So I've basically lived in my pjs for a few weeks. Hubby volunteered for warden duty (the guys stay and sleep at the fire house during really bad weather and get paid to be there) for the day/night. He felt bad I haven't gone anywhere so he told me to pack some snacks and come with. :) I was so excited! I actually put on some basic makeup and feel human again!! Is it sad that the day people should NOT be out in this weather (that we've had like every other day for the past 2+ weeks) is the ONLY day I got out of the house and saw friends? haha

ETA: cause I vote for brownie centers... I'd probably cry if he ate all the centers. The other week hubby's parents made cinnamon rolls (it always comes back to those damn things!!) and by the time I was out of the shower they were all gone!! I didn't even get a bite! I almost cried then. His mom felt so bad she got more later that day and surprised me with another batch... I love his family!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • Options
    I made brownies last week. Stirred in some crushed up Andes mints. Delicious! Now I need some white cake and pink frosting for tomorrow!

This morning I was irrationally mad at my husband for not going to work. Couldn't explain it, just wanted him gone. That's been my first random hormone thing, I think. He left at about 930, and I felt better. And guilty.

Tomorrow is snow day number eight (not consecutively). That is our last snow day. Next up in our list of bad weather days is the day after Easter, then spring break. Uhm, please, no more bad weather!
  • Options
    I too am snowed in today...made these and they are almost gone already ;;)
  • Options
    Oh another one just popped up I want to make 2 thin chocolate cakes filled with italian meringue frosting like a giant whoopie pie. Then I want to eat the whole damn thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"