August 2012 Moms
Options

It's Snowing It's Snowing

vent first - Errr not really . . . but apparantly it is going to start soon and we will get about 16 inches.   Our office is closing at 4 and probably will be closed tomorrow!  If I didn't have a ton of work I would probably be excited about this but there is no chance of working at home with my precious little sweetheart slapping my laptop and throwing puffs at me.   

And then . . . ..

Anyone else in this are looking forward to or dreading the snow storm?   I went in Kroger today for keylimes and I kid you not every checkout was open and there were ten people in each line.   It freaking was like black friday for food!   

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: It's Snowing It's Snowing

• Options
    I think we are getting decent weather in New Orleans but hope you stay safe and can enjoy your snow day without working too much!!
  • Options
    I don't know where you are but I'm in eastern NC and it's been snowing since lunchtime. Supposed to turn to freezing rain over night and snow again tomorrow. We have missed a lot of school this winter. No spring break for us!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're suppose to get 9-12 inches.  I'm really excited because I love being snowed in (but for no more than 2 days)  I plan on working from home.  SO will brave the snow and ice and drive the 2 miles to take DS to daycare.  

I'm dreading my stop at the grocery store on the way home....
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    The middle of VA we are supposed to get hit later tonight and tomorrow.  It doesn't phase me really I just know I am going to get cabin fever
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @nobadwriting - did you enjoy the visit from Potus the other day.  I literaly watched the motorcade jumped in my car and got out of town while I could.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    SJandVASJandVA member
    edited February 2014
    I'm where @britvahok is. I'm not really bothered by it. I feel bad for DD1 they are supposed to have Valentines day party on Friday. But I'm sure they will be closed.
    Haven't seen @Baker_Bride in a while. If you're out there. Here's your 1st significant DC snow storm!
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    More snow again for us. Only 4-8 inches this time. We had 3 snow storms last week. So a little more snow on top of what we already have, eh, no big deal. Next week is suppose to be a little warmer so it'll probably all melt away. I'm looking forward to washing my car and getting all the salt off it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    SJandVA said:

I'm where @britvahok is. I'm not really bothered by it. I feel bad for DD1 they are supposed to have Valentines day party on Friday. But I'm sure they will be closed.
    Haven't seen @Baker_Bride in a while. If you're out there. Here's your 1st significant DC snow storm!

Yeah I told my DD that they'd be having valentines on Monday. She wasn't really concerned lol. The high school I work at had an I've skating trip planned for the students who qualified with grades, absences, and no discipline issues. They were planning to take 420 students ice skating Friday. It's already been rescheduled once because of snow. I am sure my principal is fit to be tied right now!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have about 8-10" right now. I'm just a bit over it. I left DS at parents over night because SO works grounds so he worked all night with no end time in sight and my work is awful at closing and I knew daycare would be closed.... The house to myself was AMAZING. ha. And if they are closed tomorrow his party is Monday and he will miss it because that's his ear tube surgery. He won't know, but I feel kind of sad for him.
    Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    16 inches and still snowing here. @excitedforbaby1 hope all goes well with his surgery.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I wish...more than anything...that our office would close when we got a snow storm. The city buses don't even stop running. They close all the schools and tell people to stay home if they can, but then keep everything else open....brats!

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"