June 2012 Moms

ear infection

Hey ladies,
I remember some of you posting about your LOs having ear infections. DD has an infection on her right ear. The doctor prescribed antibiotics for 10 days. Did your LOs also get antibiotics? How fast did you see improvements in their general condition?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: ear infection

• My DS gets them all the time. In fact we just finished up antibiotics for his last ear infection.

I usually see improvement after he's been taking the medicine for a couple of days. This last infection was pretty bad and it did take longer for his appetite to come back.

I hope your DD feels better soon.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks! DD has just started going to DC at my work (I work at a gym) and she is getting sick a lot. ugh!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel your pain! My DS is in daycare too and this winter has been brutal with him catching stuff.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, and we are traveling internationally in a week. It will be interesting with the ear infection...
  • You can also try some garlic oil in the ears to clear up any infection.  Most (definitely not all) ear infections will go away on their own and the garlic oil helps a lot too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You can also try some garlic oil in the ears to clear up any infection.  Most (definitely not all) ear infections will go away on their own and the garlic oil helps a lot too.
    Where do you find it and how do you use it?
  • I am sorry that I just now saw this...I know that she must be better now but I will let you know in case she has another one.  You can find it a natural health food store (Whole Foods, local place, etc).  You just put a few drops in her ear and then a cotton ball.  It works best if you warm it first, but tbh I don't and just use it room temperature.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks! The infection hasn't cleared completely, so she is on antibiotics again :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"