Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Graco crib all put together!

FYI, DH and I put together our Graco Lauren crib today. Since I've seen a lot of discussion about cribs, I timed how long it took us. 20 minutes to unpack the box. 5 minutes to carry all the parts upstairs. (I did unpacking and carrying upstairs alone.) 65 minutes for the two of us to read through the directions and get it all put together. And we are probably the least handy people on the planet, so it would probably take normal people less time! Also, just like DD's Graco Charleston, it feels absolutely solid. We think we made a great choice. Love how it looks in the natural finish. We are going with a slightly beachy, nautical look in the room, and it is just right for that.

Re: Graco crib all put together!

• Options
    I love the look of that crib!  We bought a Carters crib from Target for LO #3 and it took us just about the same time to put it together!  Would love to see your nursery all finished :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Nice!  I was seriously considering that crib and it has so many good reviews, but there were also a ton of bad reviews on Amazon and Wal-Mart's sites about it being delivered damaged and there not being any instructions.  Sounds like yours came in good condition though.  Where did you get it?  Which finish did you get?  I wonder if the darkest finish shows more damage.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got it from Amazon. There is one slight ding on the back, but it's against the wall. We got the natural finish, which I'm sure shows less damage. That's one reason we picked it. About the missing directions, the directions are in a box where the spring thingee the mattress sits on is housed. Which is a little weird. I looked for the directions, got really huffy, then noticed the huge print on that box that says "DIRECTIONS ENCLOSED." My biggest complaint is about the over-packing. Everything is plastic zip-tied to everything else to prevent the pieces from banging together. I understand that's important but I still swore a lot while cutting those things off!
  • Options
    MommyAtty said:
    We got it from Amazon. There is one slight ding on the back, but it's against the wall. We got the natural finish, which I'm sure shows less damage. That's one reason we picked it. About the missing directions, the directions are in a box where the spring thingee the mattress sits on is housed. Which is a little weird. I looked for the directions, got really huffy, then noticed the huge print on that box that says "DIRECTIONS ENCLOSED." My biggest complaint is about the over-packing. Everything is plastic zip-tied to everything else to prevent the pieces from banging together. I understand that's important but I still swore a lot while cutting those things off!
    Thanks for the info! A lot of people with damaged cribs complained about how it was packaged so maybe all the zipties were in response to those complaints!

• Options
    @mommyatty Did your crib say what the measurements were on any of the packaging?  I've found 5 different measurements on 5 different websites!  I even checked Graco's website but they have no measurements!

• Options
    I have the graco Lauren too and love it! I put it together by myself since DH was out of town and I'm impatient! Super easy. As said above directions are in a box and yes it gives exact dimensions and says what size mattress to buy. We got it from Kohls and with a 30% off coupon it was super cheap. Also got a serta extra firm mattress form kohls and it fits perfect, no gaps at all. Free shipping too, no damage.
  • Options
    Here's his bed! Now for the rest of the room! And sorry the pic appears to be upside down. The Bump isn't friends with the iPad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"