Pregnant after 35
Options

and so the adventure begins...

Hi! I'm thrilled to be able to post here.  I used to say I never wanted kids but then I met the exact right guy and BAM, I was ready for a family. This is our first and we plan to keep it under wraps for a few weeks longer because of my age and health (I've a history of stoke and seizures).  I think keeping it a secret is preventing it from truly sinking in.  We joke about me being the mother of his child and every time there's a "holy sh*t" pause. The only real difference I've noticed is my dreams have become crazy vivid (and kinda gross).  I'm sure the telltale symptoms are on the way and will expedite the sinking in process (peeing on sticks on a regular basis just isn't cutting it).

Anyway, I'm excited for this adventure and I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions along the way so I figured a short introduction was in order!

Amanda

Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: and so the adventure begins...

• Options
    Welcome and congrats!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulations! (I was still peeing on sticks when I was 7 weeks, too, and I'm not sure even now--at 35 weeks--that it's truly sunk in!)

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! I'm with you on the crazy dreams!
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome!  The dreaming thing is crazy, right? I'm still having bizarre ones at 32 weeks.
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the group!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Congrats :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome. I'm due next month and still it hasn't sunk in that I'll have a newborn.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jbelle said:

Welcome and congratulations! (I was still peeing on sticks when I was 7 weeks, too, and I'm not sure even now--at 35 weeks--that it's truly sunk in!)

This for me too! Congrats to you!!
  • Options
    I should have bought stock in the First Response pregnancy tests because I took so many :)  I am 31 weeks and it still has't fully hit yet.  Every once in a while when I feel the baby move or we are talking about when the baby arrives I have an OMG!  we are having a baby moment.  I find the more advanced in pregnancy I get, the more that happens :)  Congrats and wishing you a nice, uneventful, easy pregnancy :)

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

• Options
    Crazy dreams? Oh, yea _ 16 weeks now and baby gave first really strong kick while sleeping...I dreamt a guy punched me in the belly...lol
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"