Pregnant after 35
Options

Bedrest Mommies

Any mommies who are/were on bed rest, how did you keep your sanity?  I have been on bed rest off and on, but never more than a few days and never this strict.  My OB is still hopeful of getting us to 39 weeks before c-section so I am looking at 8 1/2 weeks of bed rest (unless baby has other ideas) I don't want my boredom to turn into being obsessive over baby stuff.  I have movies, books, and internet but there is only so much of that stuff I can do before I go crazy.

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

Re: Bedrest Mommies

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're dealing with bed rest.

Are there any crafts you like or think you might like? I've been hand sewing while laying down quite a bit and it's a great thing to do while also watching olympic coverage (because you can stop mid work and watch--there's not a ton of concentration required, at least for my projects!).

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    I'm sorry that you're facing an extended bed rest.  I don't have any tips, but wanted to be sure you were aware of the weekly bed rest check-in that happens on the high-risk board:  https://forums.thebump.com/categories/high-risk-pregnancy

Best of luck!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    QOTR said:
    I'm sorry that you're facing an extended bed rest.  I don't have any tips, but wanted to be sure you were aware of the weekly bed rest check-in that happens on the high-risk board:  https://forums.thebump.com/categories/high-risk-pregnancy

Best of luck!

Thank you!

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

• Options
    I'm 15 weeks and been on bedrest since January 6th...I started crocheting from watching youtube tutorials...and now started latch hook...just find different crafts and if u don't know how to make them, Google is amazing at helping.
  • Options
    I've been on bed rest since 23.5 weeks (I'm not a little over 27). I'm able to work from home so I've been doing that, although I can't really be as productive. Some days I wish I had taken ST disability instead of opting to work from home but I know that would get old very quickly. If I weren't working I think I would just read a lot of books to keep myself occupied.
    Me:PCOS, fibroids DH: no issues 
    TTC for 3 years. IVF #1 in Jan 12 - severe OHSS; miscarriage at 11 weeks
    2 myomectomies and 6 hysteroscopies in 2012 and 2013.
    FET in Aug 2013 BFP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"