January 2014 Moms
Options

Just got laid off (rant/vent/AW)

Who has a 4 week old, sleep deprivation AND JUST GOT LAID OFF?! This gal!

At 630 last night the HR woman called me at him while my DD was crying her face off to politely inform me they lost their biggest client and I no longer had a job to come back to from mat leave. And while I semi-predicted this I can't believe that they would call someone with A NEWBORN to be all hey you don't have a job or benefits past this month. The best part? She said that when I am done with leave I should FEEL FREE TO APPLY IF I SEE ANYTHING I AM INTERESTED IN. Really?! Seriously?!? What in the effing effers are you smoking?!

Thankfully the babe is on the Hubs insurance. We're going to look into putting me on his bennies or buying separate. We will be fine but the thought of looking for a job and caring for a newborn is a bit daunting. Anyone else looking for a job at this point? Any tips?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just got laid off (rant/vent/AW)

• Options
    That sucks! I'm sorry :( no words of advice but good luck!!!
  • Options
    I am very sorry to read this. That has to be extremely upsetting, I can imagine.

I did want to make a comment about this part, something for you to consider:
    MIT721 said:
     said that when I am done with leave I should FEEL FREE TO APPLY IF I SEE ANYTHING I AM INTERESTED IN. Really?! Seriously?!? What in the effing effers are you smoking?!
    I really wouldn't take this as a bad thing. To me, this means that they value you as an employee and think that you do a good job and would be willing to rehire you if possible.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about your job. I'm glad you have a baby on YH's insurance. Prior to birth, I quit my job to finish schooling and now I'm starting to look for a job again. I'm only looking on the web for job ads, but I'm not applying right now because we are not ready for me to go back to work. I have two more months to pump and statsh so when I do go back to work, DD is still on breast milk.
  • Options
    I have no advice but am so sorry you have to face this. I hope you can find something while you're on leave.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I'm looking too, but unfortunately I don't have any tips. That totally sucks that they did that to you though! At least you have time to look instead of going back from leave and getting fired right away yeah?
    imageimage
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this. Being laid off is terrible, never mind having that happen when you just had a baby. I hope that you are able to find something else soon. 

• Options
    O that sucks . Really sorry to hear that ! Hope you will find a even better job !!
  • Options
    It is immensely stressful & I'm sorry you're going through it. We have had similar issues. 8 days after our LO was born my SO's boss called him in for a meeting even tho he was still on paternity leave and told him he was cutting his pay by $13,000 .... Not joking. My SO was able to negotiate so that they only cut it by $9,000 but still ... Who tells a man with a week old kid he is losing that much money ...

On top of that I lost my job when I was 6 mos pregnant. I will be looking for work at some point but for now am focusing on the babe!!

I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason - so I hope it works in your favor eventually!!!
  • Options
    How stressful. I'm sorry to hear that!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. And yes @peanutmuse it's a good thing but it would be a little hard for me to be all "I would like to work for you again!"
    @carisue143 - that's awful! I am so glad your SO was able to negotiate his reduction. I hope you're able to find a great job when you're ready.

Thanks for listening to my rant and the support guys!!!
  • Options
    MIT721 said:
    And yes @peanutmuse it's a good thing but it would be a little hard for me to be all "I would like to work for you again!"
    I get it. I just think it would be better to know that they would hire you again if they could, if the flip side was them saying "don't even bother applying" -- KWIM? Not saying you want to work for them. I think it would be very difficult to ever work for a company that had previously laid me off. I understand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"