Adoption
Options

What are some items...

That I can stock up on before baby arrives?  I know we've got a long (hopefully not that long but still!) wait, but I'm trying to spread out the expenses as much as possibles.  

Diapers?  I'm just afraid the LO might have a reaction... not sure how common that is.
Formula?  Same thing, babies can be really picky

Anything else? 

Thanks! :) 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
February 2014: "Officially Waiting"

Re: What are some items...

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Sign up for formula checks on the websites. The hospital will likely send you home with a ton of samples. FWIW I think most babies don't have that many formula issues.

We got a crib, car seat, pack n play, and stroller while waiting. We cloth diapered, so we started building a stash. We also looked for deals on GN baby clothes

I'd get a copy of Baby Bargains and start a list
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also note that some furniture you may want could be something you need to order ahead of time. I'd research what you're looking for and check on availability
  • Options
    Gift cards or a separate savings account? That way you can still put away each month but have the option to buy what works for your baby.
  • Options
    I'd definitely not buy more than 1 pack of Diapers. Not just because of sensitivity but also because of size. We had a bunch of NB diapers because we were told DD would probably weigh around 6-7 lbs. when she was born but, surprise she was 10 lbs and fit a NB diaper for about a week.

I'd definitely pick up some onsies and a few gender neutral sleepers. Definitely burp cloths are also useful to have up front and we went through way more of them a day than we expected.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I second what @plus12012 said. Our LO was also 10lbs at birth and didn't fit into most of the clothes we had stocked up on and only used the newborn sized diapers for a few days.  It would have been better for us to have stocked up on simple things in a range of sizes -  like a 5-pack of white onesies in each of the 3mo, 6-9mo. & 12 mo. sizes. 

You could start picking up things like bottles, nipples, pacifiers - just make sure to notice that they come in different sizes 0-3 mo, 4+mo and 7+mo so you don't end up with a ton of really big or small ones.

I would suggest picking up kid & board books at used book stores.  It gets old reading the same books over & over again if you don't have some variety on your shelves.  I also really liked reading the Shel Silverstine books because the rhyming was fun to read out loud to LO.
    TTC #1 9/11-12/12, 9/12 Dx: Hypothyroid + DOR (AMH .76), IUI #1 & #2 BFN's
    1/13 Decided to pursue DIA, 4/13 Home study Approved 9/13 Matched!
    10/13 DS home with us! 2/14 TPR completed  5/14 ADOPTION IS FINAL!
    3/14 Surprise BFP 11/14 DD is here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"