Secondary IF
Options

IVF cycle update

Sorry I was MIA last week - I had a wicked cold (thank you daughter) and since I was stimming the doc said I couldn't take anything for it except Tylenol, so I was down for the count for at least three days.  Ugh - very rough.  Reading thru everything to catch up with you all....

We did an extra two days of stim meds at the max dose to try to get as many eggs matured as possible.  It broke our bank account (all out of pocket), but the results were good.  At yesterdays ER, we had 8 retrieved eggs, and 7 were mature, 5 fertilized.  They are having us do a day 5 transfer, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Friday, and hoping all 5 make it so we can transfer two and freeze three. Oh, Please!

In the meantime, after getting the report on the fertilization this morning, my Hubby decided to start stressing out.  He said he has been stressed out about this cycle, but trying to hide it.  He's worried if I take our daughter to swim class tonight the chlorine will ruin our chances (?), that this cycle won't work, that we won't have much left for frozen cycles, etc, etc.  I think it is all mostly money related but I'm not sure how to calm him down so I don't start freaking out.  I can't imagine stress and worry are good for implantation.   Any thoughts from those who have been there before?
Trying for #2 with IVF after damage done in a D&C left me with one functioning (but too scarred) ovary and tube to get pregnant safely without assistance. It's a really, really long story, but that is the gist of it.  We have one daughter (whose c-section birth started this roller coaster) born in 2012 after a miscarriage in 2011. 
Failed 1st attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 3, 1 frozen embryo saved) in December 2013.  
Failed 2nd attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 5, 2 frozen embryos saved) in February 2014.

Re: IVF cycle update

• Options
    Sorry that I have no advice but wanted to let you know I'll keep my fingers crossed for your little embryos! And sometimes we really gotta give these guys credit, they all probably hide it more than we realize. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    KC1212KC1212 member
    edited February 2014
    I would ditch the swim class. I wouldn't throw thousands of dollars down the hole for that. Make DH take her (since he's the one freaking out over it) and you rest. :)

Edit typo

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd skip swim, too. I'm going to live in a bubble during our cycle. Good luck with the transfer!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Options
    CheesyPeasCheesyPeas member
    edited February 2014
    Glad to hear everything is looking great so far!  DH's concerns seem a bit silly but I think it's sweet that he is hyperconcerned.  I vote you should have him take your daughter to swim class so that he doesn't have to wonder about the what-ifs if the news from this cycle is not good.  I think guys stress out about not being able to do a whole lot or control stuff related to pregnancy and TTC, so if he can make some decisions that help his psyche, I think it's worth it.  Even if it is a little silly.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    I don't have any experience with IVF but it sounds like Mrs C and others have given you good advice. Just wanted to say good luck! I can only imagine how stressful it must be for both of you! I hope everything goes well!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I'm definitely in the "it will work when it is supposed to work" camp.  I went to the gym this morning for my usual bootcamp afterall.  :0)

The swim thing is just an example of his anxiety today. Likely he will take our daughter, just so he doesn't have to worry about it.  I know he shoulders a lot of stress, worry, anxiety and hope in this process and tries so hard not to show it or share it.  It's easy to forget their plight in it all when ours is so obvious with meds, procedures, etc. 

I know much of the stress just comes from finances.  This "package" of cycles we bought has already stretched us to the limit, and the out of pocket meds and anesthesia just put it over the top this month.  We budgeted based on our last cycle and then they upped all my dosages and extended the timeline, which meant much more $.  I thankfully had some donated meds, but it was still thousands more than last time.  Ugh.  If this cycle doesn't work, we have one purchased frozen cycle left, and then I'm not sure what will happen.  

Thinking positive thoughts!

Trying for #2 with IVF after damage done in a D&C left me with one functioning (but too scarred) ovary and tube to get pregnant safely without assistance. It's a really, really long story, but that is the gist of it.  We have one daughter (whose c-section birth started this roller coaster) born in 2012 after a miscarriage in 2011. 
    Failed 1st attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 3, 1 frozen embryo saved) in December 2013.  
    Failed 2nd attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 5, 2 frozen embryos saved) in February 2014.
  • Options
    I would skip it just if to make him feel better, and yourself, just so you don't have any what ifs?

• Options
    I think- if it were us on a cycle- I'd do a special movie night and explain to dd you're still recovering but a family night is doable. Of course that depends on her age. When my EH is that stressed I try and mitigate it bc I get stressed and I really think stress effects you. I agree w freakyfast- for me I'd beat myself up on the what ifs.
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"