November 2012 Moms
Options

DC Morning Routine/Milk?

For those of you who have dropped all bottles, what do you feed your LO first thing in the am before DC drop off? Here DH is out the door with M by 7:30, so it's a bottle around 6:30 and then they give her breakfast at 8:15 am.  PS....M REFUSES milk in a cup...sigh.

Re: DC Morning Routine/Milk?

• Options
    I'm not going to be much of a help.

We are slowly transitioning him to milk in a cup when he wakes up. (He's down to about 5 oz in a bottle, but definitely wants more. He gets the rest in a cup) We also give him a little dry cereal (kix) to munch on while I'm getting ready.

He is up at 7. We are out the door by 7:45ish. They feed him breakfast at daycare at about 8:15.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

She gets milk in a sippy while she eats her breakfast.  Its up at 6:45 and to the chair while I make the breakfast, she eats till 7:10ish, dressed and out the door. 

She needs to be fed before we drop her off at DC, they don't provide breakfast.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A gets a bottle as soon as she wakes up then eats breakfast with us before we go to daycare. They give kids a snack around 9-9:30 but we usually drop her off around 10 so she doesn't get that.
  • Options
    I'm not much help either.  Our schedule does vary depending on the day of the week.  DD goes to a sitter twice a week.  On those days, she gets up at 6:20 and gets dressed and is out the door with DH by 6:30.  She does not get milk first thing in the morning.  Occasionally she will eat a graham cracker in the car, but other than that she doesn't eat until she's at the sitters (hour car ride = breakfast around 8).  On days she's not at the sitter, she's either at my parents or stays at home  with MIL.  Those days are similar with her not eating anything until around 8.  

• Options
    If it's a day he goes to daycare, he usually wakes up around 6:30 & eats something small (dry cereal, 1 french toast stick, etc) & milk to hold him over until daycare. DH & him are out the door at 7:15 (I go to work at 6:30). If for some reason he sleeps until 7:00, DH will wake him up, dress him & take him to daycare immediately. Either way, they have breakfast waiting for him at DC around 7:40.

If he's not going to DC that day, he gets breakfast as soon as he wakes up in the highchair while I'm brushing my teeth & eating my breakfast. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we are in your same boat-- hoping to drop that last morning bottle this week.  Our plan is to just give her defrosted BM (while it lasts) or WCM in a straw cup right when she wakes up because she is starving at that point, and then take her to daycare where she gets breakfast. Lately she has been breaking into tears when her bottle is empty so I've been giving her some slices of banana since I think her 5oz of morning milk is not enough, but I'm not willing to give her more than that since I don't want her to fill up on milk.

so, our morning routine is she gets up around 7:30, has milk (now hopefully in a cup) and some slices of banana while I get everything packed for daycare, then we take her to daycare around 8:30 and she has breakfast soon thereafter.  

Her extra cups arrived tomorrow, so day-after-next is the first day I will be greeting her with a cup in the morning.  Finger's crossed!

If your LO refuses the cup,  can your LO wait until daycare for breakfast?  Since that would be the easiest option, I would try it first.  And if it doesn't go well, then I'd try other options.

• Options
    @fusionbride, I will def try...but she REFUSES the milk there too. I mean gets PISSED, cries...ay yay yay! I secretly don't mind the bottle but I know it's time...:(
  • Options
    H still hits the boob between 5 am and 6:30 am, but he snacks on Cheerios, etc and a sippy of water or milk once he's up. Then he has a second breakfast at DC or the IL's.

image   My chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"