December 2011 Moms
Options

Preschool

Anything thinking about preschool yet? Have you looked at any? On waiting lists? What are your plans?

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
#1 born December 2011
TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
#2 born May 2013
TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
#3 born August 2015 
#4!!!!!!! due June 2017 

Re: Preschool

• Options
    I have no idea! I think we will keep him in Mother's Day Out 3 mornings a week until it's time for kindergarten. How about you? 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    DD got an afternoon spot at a Montessori school but the whole idea of afternoons sounds terrible. It would be 5 days a week starting this Sept. Or I could put her on the morning waiting list for 2015. We have no MDO programs here or I would probably wait another year for preschool. I was hoping preschool would not only offer some socialization for DD but also some one on one time with DS. However he will probably be napping in the afternoons. I don't know what to do. There aren't many options close by. A long drive isn't worth it to me for just 2.5-3hrs a day either.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just registered DS for preschool in August.  He will be going 3 days a week 8:30-11:30 with the option to stay until 3:30. There is no academic curriculum from 11:30-3:30 just lunch and playtime so he will probably only be staying until 11:30 unless there is something I have to do in the afternoon.  It's a small Christian preschool walking distance form my house (my brother and sister actually went there 20+ years ago).  The 2s classes fill up quickly and he took the 2nd to last spot!
  • Options

I just registered DS for preschool in August.  He will be going 3 days a week 8:30-11:30 with the option to stay until 3:30. There is no academic curriculum from 11:30-3:30 just lunch and playtime so he will probably only be staying until 11:30 unless there is something I have to do in the afternoon.  It's a small Christian preschool walking distance form my house (my brother and sister actually went there 20+ years ago).  The 2s classes fill up quickly and he took the 2nd to last spot!

I love that you can walk there!!!

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I've started looking into it. There's so many here I have no idea where he's going to go but since he won't be 5 by the September he would be starting Kindergarten it looks like he might be going to preschool for 2 years. Our church has a program for 3's that's 3 hours for 3 days a week so we'll probably do that. They have to be potty trained though so I guess that'll be a big factor. I also cannot believe how much some preschools are, geez!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I've got him enrolled for a preschool program from 9-1 MWF.  We wanted the Tu/Th class, but it filled up right away.  I mostly want him to go to be around other kids his age, and also to get used to being in a different environment, learning to follow rules, etc.

I was going to look at others, but this one has good recommendations from people I trust, and it really close to my work, like, a 5 minute walk at the most so it is convenient for me.  My mom, who watches him during the day will also get a chance to have some mornings off, so that will be good. 

• Options

DS is in a Nursery School program now, which is basically a school-like daycare, but he will  move into the Pre-School program in June. 

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    DS will go to a special needs preschool Jan 2015. They integrate with the regular class quite a bit during the day so I think it will be good for him socially. I believe it is an all day program but I'll start him at just mornings and pick him up when I'm done with work at 1. I haven't visited yet but I will this fall when it gets closer to his third birthday. I was hesitant earlier, but I've grown used to the idea and I think he'll gain a lot.
  • Options
    I love that you can walk there!!!
     We are super lucky...it's 1/2 a mile away! But we live in Florida and I have a feeling we won't be walking in August and Sept LOL
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @mtb21 I was originally told that most people get on the waiting lists as soon as they find out the sex of their baby. So I guess I was 18 months behind in my application.

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
  • Options
    They can't guarantee she would get a morning spot next year and if she starts in the afternoon then she would stay in the afternoon for 3yrs. Of course then I would want DS in the afternoon class when he starts so that I am not driving there 4x a day so it's never ending. Unless I hate it and pull DD out.

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    There is the Goddard school but it's a 25min drive and super expensive. It's hard to justify it when I don't work.

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    mtb21 said:
    I think education is vastly different here in Canada so I don't think I'll have much to contribute. C will be going back to daycare in September and won't start preschool until Sept 2015. I have not started looking into it, I'm pretty sure I would be laughed at if I started making inquiries this early. Here everyone goes to public schools (like my guess would be 95% of Canadians receive public education) and I don't think waiting lists are an issue at all. Interesting how things are so different.

I'm in Canada also, from what I understand state run preschool starts the term they turn 4, and you have to sign up one or two terms before they start. I plan to send DS1 to a "pre" preschool the term he turns 3, as I am a SAHM and I want him to have some experience of being in a school environment before 4, especially as he will be one of the younger kids in class, and preschool will be full days all week, going from nothing to 5 days a week is a big change, I plan on two days next year to ease him into it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options
    We enrolled DD in a 2 day half day program starting in September. I think it will be perfect because baby #2 is due in September and I think preschool will be a great "big girl" thing for her to do and hopefully a nice break for me too, and time alone with the new baby.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"