March 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Isaiah is here! Born via emergency c-section

bunniekrissybunniekrissy member
edited February 2014 in March 2014 Moms
We had a very scary situation but we are both doing well! Isaiah was born 2-6-14 at 34w6d gestation due to a placental abruption. He weighed 5 lb, 4 oz and was 18 inches long.

I started cramping Thursday afternoon and I thought I was having a digestive issue, but then I realized my uterus was rock hard and was just staying that way. I went to use the bathroom and saw some blood. Fortunately, my mom was there since I was working from home at the time and she was watching DS1. We got in the car to go to the hospital. I called my OB and he said he would tell L&D I was on my way. So we got there and I went to the restroom to change into a gown, and blood gushed out all over the floor. They put me on the monitors and there was baby's heartbeat! I was so relieved he seemed to be doing OK despite something being very wrong.

After some assessment they determined he needed to come out quickly since although he was OK, they couldn't say how long that would be the case, so I was prepped for an emergency c-section. It was confirmed that I had a placental abruption, 50% detached but baby's health fortunately was not compromised. Isaiah is in the NICU, breathing on his own and progressing. We started trying bottles and breastfeeding today a little bit but we was pretty sleepy so is still getting tube feeds. When we tried breastfeeding he did latch on and suck, but promptly fell asleep. We'll try again tonight.

I am pumping every 3 hours and my milk seems to be coming in, I am getting more each time, so I hope from now on he won't need formula (which they gave him at first in addition to whatever I produced).

I am so thankful that he is safe and this didn't happen any earlier than it did. It's very tough not having him with me, not being able to go straight to breastfeeding, etc. I was hoping for an un-medicated natural birth but I guess that wasn't in the cards.

Here is my little one!

image  image

Re: Baby Isaiah is here! Born via emergency c-section

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"