November 2012 Moms

Ants

I hate the little black secks of creatures that are invading my house due to the rain we have been getting... our bathroom and kitchen are now filled with trails.... bait is out, cabinets are being emptied and purged and sealed and cleaned

Before baby this would not have been stressful.. I could make piles and stacks of crap all over.. now everything needs t be done so that she can't get into any of it.... le sigh

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Ants

• Gross.... my mom had a similar situation last summer and it took FOREVER to fully get rid of all of them.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Peppermint oil. Mix 2-3 drops into a squirt bottle with water and spray around the places they enter. When we moved into our house we had a huge ant problem and after we did that, no more ants! Plus, its all natural and safe for baby! Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom always did cinnamon. I know that sounds totally weird, but it always worked for her in KY.
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • credcat7 said:

I hate the little black secks of creatures that are invading my house due to the rain we have been getting... our bathroom and kitchen are now filled with trails.... bait is out, cabinets are being emptied and purged and sealed and cleaned

Before baby this would not have been stressful.. I could make piles and stacks of crap all over.. now everything needs t be done so that she can't get into any of it.... le sigh

Are you still having ant problems? Wondering because we're having the same issues. Trying everything and they are so gross. Always feels like they're crawling on when they aren't. If your problem is no more would you share what worked?
  • we use the ant bait (that makes them come into the house in huge lines for 2 days) and then they start coming less and less.... after 3 days I usually wipe it all down with windex or 409 and then watch for stragglers @awwjung2009.  I have heard chalk, cucumber peels and borax all work too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• We are currently using ant bait traps too. So i guess it seems like a waiting game and trying to keep everything as clean as possible. They are so annoying. Glad to hear yours is doing better. @credcat7‌
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"