Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Benadryl

The Ped told us to give my 20 lbs - 7 month old girl 1 teaspoon of benadryl every 6 hours for her upper respiratory infection. The bottle says do not give under the age of 2. Has anyone given benadryl? Should I not give it?

Re: Benadryl

• I gave DS benadryl per our pedis recommendation when he had a rash. He was fine and I just followed the dosing that the pedi gave me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yes per pedi dosage & directions
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I give 1ml to my lo. Just don't do it too often. Once a day. No more than every other day.
  • Slpafford said:

I gave DS benadryl per our pedis recommendation when he had a rash. He was fine and I just followed the dosing that the pedi gave me.

This.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Slpafford said:
    I gave DS benadryl per our pedis recommendation when he had a rash. He was fine and I just followed the dosing that the pedi gave me.
    THIS! We had to give to LO when had a topical food allergy. DS was fine. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've used it too. 3/4 t for ds who is 19lbs. Http://northernbellmama.blogspot.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to give it to DD1 when she was an infant after she had a bad reaction to a vax. 

Your pedi knows what they're talking about. It's okay to give, just follow dosing instructions. It'll make some kiddos sleepy, but can make others bounce off the walls. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"