Parenting
Options

Kindle Owners, a Q?

What case do you have for your Kindle and how do you like it...? Does it have a keyboard...? (I've heard people say the sometimes have an issue with the keypad popping up on their device).

Re: Kindle Owners, a Q?

• Options
    I have two, the first gen and a Kindle Fire. 

For general internet/game usage, I prefer the Fire.  Sometimes the keyboard gets hung up, but if you just wait a second, it's fine.  

For reading books, I prefer the first gen for one very simple, and extraordinarily lazy, reason.  The first gen has "page forward" and "page back" buttons on the side of the machine, so you don't have to swoop your finger across the screen to turn the page.  You just click on the button.  No arm movement required.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    I have a rubbery case by Fintie for DS...No keyboard. It is nice, except that it makes it a little hard to charge.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wait.  And to answer your other question, both of them have pop up keyboards.  Never had a problem that a short wait couldn't fix.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    Oh geez.  

I canNOT freaking read. 

I just have a regular case for both of them and it doesn't affect their keyboards at all.  

DUMB.  

Sorry.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    @CinemaGoddess, no worries...

My mom might buy DS a Kindle Fire for his birthday and I want to buy a screen protector and a case. Just looking for some input into which case I should buy, as there are a lot out there.

• Options
    TheBub said:
    I have a rubbery case by Fintie for DS...No keyboard. It is nice, except that it makes it a little hard to charge.
    I have this one too. It was cheap and came in a lot of colors. Though mine is a faux leather I think.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We got the girls Kindle Fires (the 7" version) for their birthday.  We got this screen protector:

And this case:

They both work great!

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    I have a purple leather case that came with a clip on reading light. I just have the regular Kindle that doesn't even have the backlight. I like it just fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    ShieldMaidenShieldMaiden member
    edited February 2014
    I have an Otterbox Defender for my Fire HDX. Ridiculously expensive at $70, but it has a built-in screen protector (no squeezing out bubbles!) and a snap-on cover that also serves as a stand. It can take a ton of abuse, which is how I justified the expense. No keyboard issues with it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We have a black survivor case it is rubber and has a built in screen protector. It is sometimes difficult to touch things in the corners due to the screen protector but it can be readjusted. It is waterproof and has withstood a few drops.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"