Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Crib that converts to TWIN bed

I'm looking for a crib (full size, not mini) that converts to a twin bed. I've only found them that convert to a full size, and our kids bedroom isn't big enough for that. Suggestions?
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: Crib that converts to TWIN bed

• Options
    No standard size crib will convert to a twin, the dimensions are wrong.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dang it. So only the mini cribs?
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This one can convert to a day bed (I cannot believe I found it over a year later), but we needed something that matched our existing furniture. :(

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/Child-Craft-Wadsworth-Select-4-in-1-Convertible-Crib/3247957?Keyword=day+bed
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    All the Franklin and Ben cribs convert to Full. And they are beautiful. I don't know that any standard cribs convert to a twin. 

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
  • Options
    FmrAFBrat said:
    This one can convert to a day bed (I cannot believe I found it over a year later), but we needed something that matched our existing furniture. :(

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/Child-Craft-Wadsworth-Select-4-in-1-Convertible-Crib/3247957?Keyword=day
    That daybed is still using the crib mattress. 

To the OP, your best bet for both cost and look will likely be getting a standard crib and then down the line getting a twin bed. If the issue is finding matching or coordinating pieces it shouldn't be too hard. Our nursery for example has a PBK crib, an ikea dresser and nightstand, and a book shelf from another brand. They all coordinate well, we actually plan on stealing DD's dresser for the master bedroom because it is so much nicer than our furniture store one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LittleFish1LittleFish1 member
    edited February 2014
    twin beds are not that expensive if going for something basic. Do recall seeing one regular crib last year that became a twin. Was more expensive & figured taste or decor would change anyway by the time we were ready to move from the toddlr bed version of the crib. (agree though. full/queen bed won't fit well in LOs room.)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Baby's dream had one that converted to twin at one time. It was the ocean model. They might have another that converts to twin.
    Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

• Options
    Baby's dream had one that converted to twin at one time. It was the ocean model. They might have another that converts to twin.
    We also have a baby's dream discontinued crib (crib2college) that converts into a twin. I'd look there :)
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options
    Wait wait wait! At buy buy baby there is a full sized crib that converts to 2 twin beds. It's an hg tv crib. Hang on let me see if I can find it online.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    Search the Hyden collection by hg tv. It's a full sized crib that coverts to a daybed, toddler bed and converts to 2 twin sized beds (so it has 2 twin sized headboards.)
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    Ugh I can't edit it's HAYDEN
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options

Search the Hyden collection by hg tv. It's a full sized crib that coverts to a daybed, toddler bed and converts to 2 twin sized beds (so it has 2 twin sized headboards.)

Thank you!
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    The Romina Ventianni can convert to a twin. They are a little more expensive but good quality. https://www.rominafurniture.com/?g=collections-cribs-and-beds-ventianni
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"